Sign in to follow this  
lp44

What's Your "one Question?"

Why am I so unloveable by men?

I'll bet you ain't...

Well, I have never been on a date and I am 33, so I am really wondering why am I unappealing to all men.

Well... I'm almost 23... And for whatever reason every woman I've ever asked except for one has always turned me down. Even getting a "yes" on its own is a miracle... Let alone an actual date.

3 hours ago, Anony said:

If someone had take this seriously and noticed when I was a teenager would it have helped? 

I ask this question myself as I lost a parent at age 12, and while I don't believe it was the cause of all my problems, I do believe with the way it turned out it gave me a pretty good kick I had trouble coping with. So if I had intervention following that I think it could have turned out better for me. 

However, I also have to ask would I have been able to accept well intended help, or such efforts?

I'd like to think I could have, but honestly, I don't know, if following that event I would have had the strength, courage, and trust, and also the awareness and support from my family to really explore my feelings/experience. The whole situation seems weighted against what would have been a more healthy approach. And teenagers can be hard to get through too.

We have today, the moment, to act in, tomorrow to hope and believe in, and all our yesterdays to remember and learn from. 

1 hour ago, begin2 said:

I ask this question myself as I lost a parent at age 12, and while I don't believe it was the cause of all my problems, I do believe with the way it turned out it gave me a pretty good kick I had trouble coping with. So if I had intervention following that I think it could have turned out better for me. 

However, I also have to ask would I have been able to accept well intended help, or such efforts?

I'd like to think I could have, but honestly, I don't know, if following that event I would have had the strength, courage, and trust, and also the awareness and support from my family to really explore my feelings/experience. The whole situation seems weighted against what would have been a more healthy approach. And teenagers can be hard to get through too.

We have today, the moment, to act in, tomorrow to hope and believe in, and all our yesterdays to remember and learn from. 

Every time I tried from 13-17 my doctor ranted about black box warnings unfortunately. I know I was impossible to get through to and I am struggling with this with a family member as well, but I refuse to give up and ignore it. I will hold her hand and be the one fighting with her doctor, talking her down at 12-4am when she is breaking down, and talking her through the days she can't get out of bed.

I am 24 and just starting to finally get help after 17 years of struggling and so many years lost and WILL not let that happen again. I think back to all those years and cry wondering how no one seemed to notice or care when it was so obvious.

Mmm, can I pass this on to my least favorite person. Lol.  No not really. When it comes to my MI I don't question it anymore, I've learned to accept it and go forward as best I can. 

7 hours ago, zdude954 said:

Why didn't I die?

Mmm, can I pass this on to my least favorite person. Lol.  No not really. When it comes to my MI I don't question it anymore, I've learned to accept it and go forward as best I can. 

954 your question should not be that but what can to not want to do so. I know life with mental illness can be unbearable but it can also be worth living.