The Simple Things Help The Most

Jules19

I know that when I'm in a really bad place, it's difficult to see how I can ever get out of it.

Advice that is not specific or too large, like "just get help" never resonated with me.

The things that have helped me the most are simple, daily goals that are achievable for almost anyone.

What are some daily things that help you out?  I'll list a few...

1. Drinking lots of water.  Before I started drinking enough water, I felt tired all the time & was easily irritated.  Now I have much more energy.

2. Writing down whatever I'm thinking, & then tearing up the paper. 

3. Getting some kind of exercise, even if it's just walking around the house several times. 

I'm still trying to figure this out as I have heaps of stuff that needs done.  But I think accomplishing ANYTHING right now is a big step for me. So today I:

*stretched for 10 minutes

*did a load of laundry

*took a shower

I am celebrating the little things.  I get overwhelmed really easily.

*Doing something spontaneous, fun, and/or completely stupid and ridiculous.  Only the insane have a purpose for absolutely everything they do.

*Letting out the biggest yell possible

*Dancing my way to great music

*Meet a new person every day, no matter what!!!

*Encourage someone even if I feel awful, just a fist bump, a smile, a great job, goes so far.

*Eating Salmon (Omega 3's)

*Eat way less sugar

*NOT be mean to anyone even when they really deserve it :)

*Being myself and then some

And...

*Watching a biography of any successful historical person on youtube.  Almost universally, the most highly respected people of history were also ridiculed, discredited, nearly bankrupt, periodically very depressed and terribly discouraged, and abandoned...everything we feel here.  And they decided to keep trying one day at a time, and usually made an unexpected comeback, just like all of us will, unexpected and at times seemingly impossible, but true.  

I do not offer the old smooth prizes, but offer rough new prizes, 

These are the days that must happen to you -W. Whitman

And...

*Watching a biography of any successful historical person on youtube.  Almost universally, the most highly respected people of history were also ridiculed, discredited, nearly bankrupt, periodically very depressed and terribly discouraged, and abandoned...everything we feel here.  And they decided to keep trying one day at a time, and usually made an unexpected comeback, just like all of us will, unexpected and at times seemingly impossible, but true.  

I do not offer the old smooth prizes, but offer rough new prizes, 

These are the days that must happen to you -W. Whitman

Great point!  Many of us, including myself, forget that most successful people had times in their life where they were struggling.