Can Someone Please Explain The World To Me

virvellian

i started responding to another topic but realized that i could use some answers too

it's hard for me to realize why is the world so full of hate. there are so many things in the world that could be easily fixed but it's just not happening. for example, we have the technological means and enough resources to feed every hungry person on the planet and yet every day people are dying from hunger. we can all agree that nobody should be hungry and yet, nothing is happening.

also, i don't understand the concept of war. how are people ******** enough to think that ******ing innocent people will change anything except create more hateful people? holy . i can't understand how these moronic things like war, racism, homophobia and sexism still exist after millions of years of human evolution.

i realize that depression makes you see only the bad stuff but honestly how can you tell me that a world in which 62 richest people own as much wealth as the poorest half of the world's population is not a terrifyingly dystopian place? (that statistic is actually correct, just google "oxfam")

which brings me to my second point in this unstructured rant: how many people are depressed as a direct result of capitalism? how many times a day do you worry about paying your rent, being unemployed, not being able to afford college or medicine - you just wouldn't have to worry about those things if we lived in a world governed by reason, and not by greed.

Sorry, I can't help you with that; I feel the same way myself. Forget the planet; it is within our power and personal interests that the homeless people in our cities would be given a better standard of living - it has been found that building/buying homes for them is actually beneficial to the economy, paying for itself and more. Yet nothing is done. 

I struggle to understand people, while others sicken and die, or wither in their minds, they are preoccupied with the new luxuries that they possess. I have given up trying to rationalize their actions, let alone empathize with them. I don't even try to mentally tackle the hate that other people frequently express for people they are really quite similar to. 

Its good to know that other people think the same way. 

Sure, I'll explain it to you, but you might not like it.  This post might even get me banned, but here goes.

First, at our core we are immortal souls, individualized expressions of the one creative energy that composes everything.  You can call it God or Infinite Love.  (New age types say Source.)  If you move beyond your thoughts and get in touch with your intuition or internal knowledge, you will feel this energy and truth inside you.  Don't doubt it.

Somehow we incarnated into this material world to live temporary lives as human beings.  Some say our souls chose to do this for the learning experience.  (What are we supposed to "learn" here, exactly?)  Perhaps it's just like playing a video game for our souls, a mere amusement.  But evidence points to a more sinister reason.

You correctly point out the massive injustice, pain, and suffering in this world despite the incredible technologies that exist.  Logically, there is NO WAY society and people should not be doing much better than they are.  NO WAY.  Instead we have endless wars, refugee crises, starvation, poverty, unemployment, hopelessness, hatred, fear, etc.  Sadly, this is not a coincidence.

The terrible truth is that the world is kept in this horrible state deliberately.  You can figure out for yourself who or what is doing this, how, and why.  But believe that those forces exist, and they are very malevolent.  If you doubt this, think again about the illogic and real impossibility of human society being in such an awful state just by accident.  It cannot happen!  (It never "accidentally" happens this way in the plant or animal kingdoms, for example.)

Given the existent technology and resources, eventually society would have to right itself.  But it never does, because it's not in certain interests for it to do so.

Remember you are an immortal soul of unlimited love energy, NOT the body and name you have.  But you are kept in a state of fear and pain and ignorant of the truth of who you are.  This is because you are trapped as livestock in a soul farm, where your all-powerful energies in the form of your fear and pain are fed upon by the malevolent forces that keep the injustice going in the world, in order to generate the endless fear and pain they need.

It is possible to escape, but none of here have done it yet.

I could go on, but for now that's the truth for you.

Edited by One More Red Nightmare

I do not believe that the world will ever be perfect.  There will always be negative & hateful people, no matter what time period or political system is in place.

That being said, you can choose to be a positive light in a world full of darkness.  Be kind to those around you.  Try your best to help out others.  It doesn't have to be anything big.  Just giving someone a hopeful & positive comment on this site can help.

If the majority of people lived by this principle, of helping those closest to you, then there would be much less hate in the world.  I think that's the best way to start creating a more positive world.

Edited by Jules19

If God and Satan reunited, the universe could be saved. It's just two sides of the same coin. Satanists drink blood. God worshippers also drink the blood of Christ. A crucifix, that Christ was tortured on is used as a symbol for people to show their love for Jesus. Its like someone shooting someone and saying i will wear a gun around my neck to show how much i love you.

Is one side really better than the other? Really? Evil happens because ‘good‘ people do nothing. They're both as bad as each other. If they both had empathy and conscience for each other. The entire Universe could be brilliant for us all. No more suffering.

Virvellian, I struggle with these same thoughts and am also quite certain that I will never understand what motivates many people.  I always say that my depression doesn't stem from cognitive distortion, it arises instead from seeing the world as it truly is, with the greed, insensitivity, narcissism and cupidity that has become so ubiquitous in our society.  It reminds me of the bumper sticker, "If you are completely appalled, you haven't been paying attention".  A good example; if you have $65,000 allotted for a new car; instead of the new BMW, why not purchase a Toyota or Honda that will safely, efficiently and comfortably transport you from point A to point B and give the $40,000 difference to someone who may not even have a car, or a house for that matter.  I know, that Toyota won't stroke your ego or puff up your sense of self-importance but think what it could mean to poor person?  I know that's not reality and it makes me sad!

I believe the only real influence we have, rich or poor, is one at a time with people.  We are building massive love, or massive hate, with the small interactions of our life today, the result of which is 1000 fold, so much more than we can understand, in one direction or another.

We are the butterflies that flap our wings on one side of the world that prevent or cause war 30 years later on the other side.

Sure, I'll explain it to you, but you might not like it.  This post might even get me banned, but here goes.

First, at our core we are immortal souls, individualized expressions of the one creative energy that composes everything.  You can call it God or Infinite Love.  (New age types say Source.)  If you move beyond your thoughts and get in touch with your intuition or internal knowledge, you will feel this energy and truth inside you.  Don't doubt it.

Somehow we incarnated into this material world to live temporary lives as human beings.  Some say our souls chose to do this for the learning experience.  (What are we supposed to "learn" here, exactly?)  Perhaps it's just like playing a video game for our souls, a mere amusement.  But evidence points to a more sinister reason.

You correctly point out the massive injustice, pain, and suffering in this world despite the incredible technologies that exist.  Logically, there is NO WAY society and people should not be doing much better than they are.  NO WAY.  Instead we have endless wars, refugee crises, starvation, poverty, unemployment, hopelessness, hatred, fear, etc.  Sadly, this is not a coincidence.

The terrible truth is that the world is kept in this horrible state deliberately.  You can figure out for yourself who or what is doing this, how, and why.  But believe that those forces exist, and they are very malevolent.  If you doubt this, think again about the illogic and real impossibility of human society being in such an awful state just by accident.  It cannot happen!  (It never "accidentally" happens this way in the plant or animal kingdoms, for example.)

Given the existent technology and resources, eventually society would have to right itself.  But it never does, because it's not in certain interests for it to do so.

Remember you are an immortal soul of unlimited love energy, NOT the body and name you have.  But you are kept in a state of fear and pain and ignorant of the truth of who you are.  This is because you are trapped as livestock in a soul farm, where your all-powerful energies in the form of your fear and pain are fed upon by the malevolent forces that keep the injustice going in the world, in order to generate the endless fear and pain they need.

It is possible to escape, but none of here have done it yet.

I could go on, but for now that's the truth for you.

Not sure about the immortal soul thing you brought up, but life does seem like a video game... a challenge. We have to deal with all the nasty stuff, but we have a choice to rise above it or to let it consume us. Like I don't get why people are obsessed with the latest gadgets. They want the best phones, while their fellow human beings are begging on the streets. I'll make sure to not be consumed by the capitalism because that is who I am. When I die, I want to die with my philosophies and beliefs still intact. I don't want this greedy world to change my identity.

But yes, virvellian, my sadness seems like a direct result of capitalism. The world is structured in a way that makes me feel like just another pawn, or a slave. Born into the world, learn the ways to serve the masters, serve the masters, then die. I wish I had true freedom, like living in the wild with my family and friends in tribal community, like the Native Americans.

Are humans really meant to work everyday from 9-5 for stuff they don't really even need? All we need is food, water, and shelter. I don't understand why life must be more complicated than it has to be.

From a philosophical standpoint the world is and always will be a difficult place because it is the only place we can experience the contrast of light and dark.  You can't know who you really are until you experience who you are not.  In the end this life is short and the suffering is temporary but the experience can be invaluable for the soul.  From a reality standpoint, being in the trenches so to speak, if a person is struggling with fears about work and finance it might point to some self confidence or self esteem issues that need addressing.  A fear of there not being enough can often arise from inner feelings of not feeling like we are enough, good enough to make our way in the world.  Address that and one might find themselves going back to school to get training in something they enjoy that will help ensure a roof over their head for the duration of their life. 

Life is not perfect but in the grand scheme of things our quality of life is better than it has ever been and in general we are at the most peaceful we have been but with the internet we are able to glare a spotlight on all the dark corners we just were not aware of before magnifying things and making it seems like things are worse when they technically are not.  And if you look closely you will see a lot of good being done in the world as well as the bad.  A lot of well meaning people out there trying to make a difference. So rather than put our focus on the things we can't control in the world it's helpful to put our focus on the things we can so we can heal our inner fears, insecurities and pains and move forward as a positive force in the world.