Losing My Mother To m*****

vinnedapooh85

A few months ago I lost my mother to m*****. I have been extremely depressed and still have not come to terms with it. Everything in my life is so difficult now. I was always depressed, in fact, I have been depressed for about 5 years now. When this tragedy occurred I fell deeper into depression. It seems like no matter what I do I cannot fill the void. I just feel so empty and numb to the whole thing. I have been trying to get my life back on track and it is a day to day process. I stay up all night and sleep all day. My insomnia is at an all time worst. It makes being productive damn near impossible. I hope that I can conquer this someday but thus far things are looking really grim and hopeless. 

Welcome to DF!

You don't need me to tell you how hard that must have been, but it is good that you are trying to get back on track. Doing that while extremely depressed and grieving is an incredible accomplishment in and of itself. It is hard to see, but things are seldom so hopeless as depression leads us to believe, and I believe that you will conquer depression. 

You highlight the insomnia which you are experiencing. As you say, doing anything while being so tired is made so much harder. I would recommend you schedule an appointment with your doctor (unless you've done that already) and try a medication. I think that there are some medications that aid in sleep as well as helping with depression. 

Welcome to DF!

You don't need me to tell you how hard that must have been, but it is good that you are trying to get back on track. Doing that while extremely depressed and grieving is an incredible accomplishment in and of itself. It is hard to see, but things are seldom so hopeless as depression leads us to believe, and I believe that you will conquer depression. 

You highlight the insomnia which you are experiencing. As you say, doing anything while being so tired is made so much harder. I would recommend you schedule an appointment with your doctor (unless you've done that already) and try a medication. I think that there are some medications that aid in sleep as well as helping with depression. 

Thank you so much! I'm going to schedule an appointment with my doctor and therapist. I have realized that in order to conquer this I have to be willing to put in the work. It won't fix itself I have to be proactive. 

I am so sorry to hear that that happened and it is no wonder at all that you are struggling. I agree that doing all you can to get more sleep is a great start. Insomnia erodes. Dos your t seem to understand loss and are they someone that you think can help you? I wish you and your family healing. 

I’m so sorry to hear of the death of your mother, and I realize how painful this must be for you. I'm sure that there will always be a special and tender place in your memory for your mom as long as you live. But... you know what? Your attempt of seeking help to getting yourself to a place where you deserve to be at (a state of peace) is certainly not going to be futile. I’ve prayed that the Lord will uphold you whenever you hurt and that He may encourage you during this time. If you have time to read, I'd like to suggest that you check out two books:

1. Experiencing Grief, by H. Norman Wright. It’s written to encourage those who have recently endured a loss.       

2. The Bumps Are What You Climb On, repackaged edition: Encouragement for Difficult Days, by Warren W. Wiersbe. The author offers solid hope and comfort in times of depression, frustration, disappointment, or loneliness.

Be strong. You can do this! :) Best of luck!