I must have taken too long to write my intro because my first attempt appears to have been "eaten" by the system (either that or I'm about to double post).

Anyway, the short and long of it is that I'm a recovering agoraphobe who grew up in an abusive family environment.

And while I say "recovering," the reality is that I still only leave my house a couple times a week and I have to keep my phone on silent because I freak whenever it goes off.

So in that light I'll probably be a bit of a forum lurker: I'll be around, but it'll probably be a bit of a while before you see me work up the fortitude to post again.

And I guess you can call me "Four Walls," or just "Four"/"4," whatever strikes your fancy.

Hello, Four!  :welcomeani: to the site!

I'm sorry that you grew up in an abusive household.

It's great that you have found the strength to leave your house.  Don't rush things.  Recovery is slow. 

I hope that you find the site helpful! :bestwishes: Jules19.

Welcome Four!

I hope that you find what you're looking for here. It's ok to be a lurker while on the path to recovery. You might even find someone who has gone through a similar struggle and read of how they were able to overcome. The community here is great for sharing similar experiences. God bless and I'm praying for you. Keep your head up. 

I like your name Four! I would also highly recommend therapy! It's helped me a lot, as long as you are patient with it (it's not an exact science pairing up with someone you work well with), I think it's effective for a lot of people. Welcome to DF! I have no doubt you will find at least one person that has dealt with similar challenges. I also think you coming on here is a big accomplishment!