What's Your "security Blanket"?

howmuchlonger

This may sound a bit strange but I was just wondering if anyone else has a "security blanket" or "safe place"  they have when things get too hectic or things get a little too much for you?  If so, what is it?   I don't know why, but mine is lying on the couch, covered up with my favorite quilt and watching cartoons, like the old Bugs Bunny cartoons, Tom & Jerry or Pink Panther.  It seems to help me alot to relieve the anxiety, as well as the depression, when things get a little too much to handle and I have alot running through my head at once.     

My safe place is my bed.It`s where I prefer to watch tv.When I`m feeling especially bad I have my favorite  tv shows.I like Modern Family and Sex In The City  and Roseanne.They can sometimes distract me from all the crap running through my head all the time.I also really love music and I love to listen to that wherever I am.That also helps me sometimes.

My apartment in general. I'm fortunate that in able to live alone. A lot of times I isolate myself too

Much and it makes me more anxious or depressed but I also just need to be alone pretty frequently. its such a luxury sometimes to close the door and have some space.

Taking Ativan & Ambien in the evening, then peacefully falling asleep reading.  Every day I look forward to that.  I've started taking the pills and lying down earlier and earlier every evening.  I guess it's a form of soft suicide.

I used to do many more things that I enjoy.  Now I just crave peaceful oblivion.

I hate that my life has come to this.  I know it's pathetic.  But I'm not going to lie on here.

• 1 month later...