What Would Happen If You Stop Taking All Drugs Forever?

desperados

I'm tired of this trial/error process of drug taking trails,that's becoming a never ending story the more pills you take the more you get addicted to them and after some time you get to rise the dosage up again as your body grows resistance to them.

Drugs alter our minds and manipulate thoughts and they become a part of us like a big burden that we have to carry for a lifetime.

I know that if you stop taking them all at once you would mentally suffer for 1-2 months but i believe in that our brain is capable of working without them.The brain have the capacity of healing itself on its own.

I'd go Tibet and meditate 7/24 in a forest instead of being a lifetime slave for the drug companies :P

Short term if I stopped taking my medication then I would have very bad physical side-effects for example shakes, brains zaps and dizziness. Even if I take my drugs late then I notice that my mood is lower just a few hours later. Some of the medication I take treats depression and epilepsy so it would have to different kinds of physical side-effects.

I could not cope without medication at the moment, including the ones that just treat depression. Finding the right medication is very frustrating, and even what I've got the moment isnt perfect and I may need an increase due to stress at the moment, but for me therapy or other treatment is not sufficient. Personally any increase in dosage of a drug has been because of what is been happening to me rather than needing to increase drugs because of my body getting too used to the drugs.

I find meditation incredibly helpful in helping me to stabilise my mood, but only with the drugs.

I'm tired of this trial/error process of drug taking trails,that's becoming a never ending story the more pills you take the more you get addicted to them and after some time you get to rise the dosage up again as your body grows resistance to them.

Drugs alter our minds and manipulate thoughts and they become a part of us like a big burden that we have to carry for a lifetime.

I know that if you stop taking them all at once you would mentally suffer for 1-2 months but i believe in that our brain is capable of working without them.The brain have the capacity of healing itself on its own.

I'd go Tibet and meditate 7/24 in a forest instead of being a lifetime slave for the drug companies :P

Mediation help me alot when I was disciplined and did it every day,I was thinking of one day just going to tibet to live in a monastery for the rest of my life

I see this question in the form of a picture or scene. A traveler walking a cold dark lonely sad world never a glimpse of light ahead or behind only the long journey till the end is met except for once maybe twice a week the Sun arrises and offered warmth and a moment to sit down and relax and rest and enjoy this happy feeling most take for granted ..taking all your pain and sorrow and sadness out of your pocket and laying it on true ground next to you as you play and enjoy this feeling that comes ever so early till the sun quietly sets and you don't walk over and pick up your pain it just all if the sudden reappears in your pocket each and every time. Till you get a chance to enjoy life's beauty and normalcy again.

A life without that rare gift of light to brighten our life ever so briefly would be to walk cold blind numb and uncarring. A person has to have something .anything to look forward to. To feel normal for an instant. To k ow how it feels to laugh and not cry to. Reach out to others and want to enjoy a beautiful day with someone instead of never end I g days in the cold and rain.

Evil hypocrites and people on their high horse may belittle me .down me. Even want to take my life and put me in a caage but all that is a better fate than being in the cold dark rain knowing it's this till the end.

Some people need to check their own moral decency and how they look in God's eyes before passing judgement. On people that do not Even know.

I've tried several times to go off anti-depressants, but every time my depression returns. I've accepted that I probably need to be on them for life. Otherwise I just can't function at all normally. You might as well tell people with type-I diabetes to quit using insulin and control their blood sugar through will-power. I just can't do it.

I would be still sick, just worse off.  Unfortunately for me, there is no where that I can run to or hide that my illnesses will not find me.  I could climb to the top of the highest mountain, get lost in the deepest jungle or go to the far corner of the earth and I would still be in the same situation that I am now.

I guess drug dependence is highly depends on where we live...we are away from nature so brain has zero chance to heal itself by it's own with nature's help....

Unbearable stress of the modern life is messing with our immune system,metabolism and the body's responses to stress and there the drugs come to normalize our raging hormones.

I did. Worked miracles for me. I got of a hellhole permanently, turned my life around, and am now a semester away from my BA and a ticket out of dodge, through grad school.

Very rocky road, but nowhere near as hard as before. I was able to heal (still healing) from drug damage, and much else. Nature is powerful, and so, I believe, is God. If I could make it so I never, ever touched any drug, I would do so, and I know I would've come out of things all right if my brain and body and soul were given the chance to heal naturally and supernaturally.

Edited by Skylark1