Who Else Needs A Friend?

Babycakes12

If I was more extroverted I would message you all,all day,im slowy figuring out I need way less social interaction then most people im friendly and start making friends by instinct then I regret having so many people I have to give attention to,I don,t want to be a bad friend.I feel weird its like I only need a few hours everyday of socializing then im good to be alone for two or three days at a time but if I don,t get that I feel depressed,but if im around people to much I also get depressed.I don,t know if anyone else can relate.

Hi Babycakes,

I am a complete newbie here - my first words typed on DF today. Hi!  :smile:

I'm in sort of a similar situation - I have a boatload of traumatic stuff I am sorting through and quite isolated at the moment (well, for a while now). I have a couple of people I call friends but one lives across the country and the other I just got back  in touch with after not seeing her for at least 15 years (and I don't want to overwhelm her with the heavy stuff I'm dealing with right now).

Isolation sucks. If you ever want to chat, let me know! You can bend my ear. 

Hi Babycakes12,

glad you found the forum and I'm also a newbie. Just posting what you did shows your bravery, and I appreciate that :)

I haven't had a friend in lord knows how long. Like someone else said, the people I thought were friends never text or call, even though I did. So I eventually took the hint and now we don't communicate at all.

I also struggle with panic attacks, anxiety, and depression, but am slowly recovering.

Again nice to meet you and hope you find this place to be a positive resource.

If I was more extroverted I would message you all,all day,im slowy figuring out I need way less social interaction then most people im friendly and start making friends by instinct then I regret having so many people I have to give attention to,I don,t want to be a bad friend.I feel weird its like I only need a few hours everyday of socializing then im good to be alone for two or three days at a time but if I don,t get that I feel depressed,but if im around people to much I also get depressed.I don,t know if anyone else can relate.

I can somewhat relate. I need my own space and time but also some time around people. With a family though I rarely get time truly alone.