Sign in to follow this  
Babycakes12

Who Else Needs A Friend?

Hi everyone. I am suffering from PTSD, Anxiety, Panic attacks and depression. I havnt had a real friend in over 3 years. Maybe even more. I now live with my boyfriend. Of course he is my friend, but it seems like he is my only friend. I really don't talk to people. But that needs to change. I have problems with social anxiety, and I feel as though if I started talking to some people one here, I could move forward and try making friends while im out and about. If anybody else needs a friend or someone to talk to, say it. and talk to each other. I am hoping this could help me and anyone else who gets on here!!

I wouldn't mind having an extra friend to talk to.  None of my old "friends" around here ever answer their phone or even call or text me anymore so I've pretty much given up on that.   I've even lowered my cell phone plan down to the lowest one because I rarely use it anymore.  So I'm always up for good conversation.   

I have one friend, and he has bpd so it can be rough sometimes. Other than that I just have a few aquaintances that I rarely see. Oh, I have my cat also.

I would love a friend. Has been so long since I even felt comrodory with anyone .

Been a long lost soul for a long long time. Seems it is all I know.

Kidsurvivovor. Tell me about it.

No such thing in this world anymore. No sense of what sacrifice,loyalty and love means or even represents.

Peoples perception of those very concepts is dictated by money or survival at all cost any ones expense.

I'd love to sit down and have one been and discuss these very principles with the same people who preach them yet turn their back on them at the drop of a dime.

I doubt they could eve. Carry on a conversation about it without repeating what they been programmed to believe.

Losing your own identity and .morals and ethics to the very people you are suppose to put away must be a sad thing to live with. For all my pain and suffering I can at least cling to my truths and identity.

Blood money spends cheap so they say.

Kidsurvivovor. Tell me about it.

No such thing in this world anymore. No sense of what sacrifice,loyalty and love means or even represents.

Peoples perception of those very concepts is dictated by money or survival at all cost any ones expense.

I'd love to sit down and have one been and discuss these very principles with the same people who preach them yet turn their back on them at the drop of a dime.

I doubt they could eve. Carry on a conversation about it without repeating what they been programmed to believe.

Losing your own identity and .morals and ethics to the very people you are suppose to put away must be a sad thing to live with. For all my pain and suffering I can at least cling to my truths and identity.

Blood money spends cheap so they say.

Everything is just so backwards. It seems that life is about survival, not just enjoying it. I don't buy into that mindset.

I really have no positive traits anymore.

~ KS

I will go to my grave with my convictions and bekifes and commitments in tact. if not to those who are living then to those who have fallen that deserve it.

This world has no hope. Who would want to bring a child Into this world.

What do you teach as the grow up? Is there anyone or any groups out there anymore that a child would run up to and Just say I want to be just like you?

That was once a mighty proud and distinguished mantel to carry.

Now they duck in their seats and run away.

Always remember most things can be taken from you and you can't take anything to your grave with you except that which you leave. behind and the only thing that you can leave is your name. Mine along with everything g and everyone else has been taken from me. Taken and destroyed.

My grave will be a dark one with no one to mourn but I know who will be greeting me on the other side and I never betrayed the trust.NEVER NEVER NEVER.

How many others can say the same I wonder.

im in the same position babycakes, my only 1 girlfriend ive had for 19 years has moved to malta.

i live with my fiance but he works nights and sleeps all day, so im always lonely.

you have a friend here if u want x

Having a friend would be great :). I am also always open to conversation. With anyone. At any time. About anything.

Talking to human beings = a good thing. 

Howdy,

I spend way too many hours sitting at home on disability from my mother taking Xanax and Zoloft when she was pregnant with me. I could always use a friend. In fact, I don't have any at all. There's a few people here in the DF that I associate with but not many. I like to study or learn new things about almost anything. Right now, I'm turning into a 'shade tree' nuclear physicist....lol I feel that when someone reaches a point in life that their too lazy to learn anything new, they need to reset their lives.

If you'd like to chat, talk or discuss anything, please feel free to message me. I usually check in everyday and I promise to respond to anyone that wants to chat or message me. I sort of think of this as my way of giving back and as it turns out, it helps me too. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and have a great day!

Sincerely,

Curtis

Curtis,

I like your philosophy of reset.  Reminded me of this quote, which can hold true for new people or new ideas.

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. -Schweitzer

What is a shade tree nuclear physicist?

I haven't had a real friend in about 10 years since high school. Nowadays I have acquaintances, or pseudo-friends. It's pretty much about survival (like shoncc said) in this wretched world when you get older, and it's hard to trust people when they are money-obsessed. But life did seem easier when you were young and friends were there to help you through your problems,

On the bright side, it can possibly make a person stronger, if it doesn't break you first. I learned how to make peace being by myself. Although I still have social anxiety in the me-against-the-world kind of way, I am improving.

My ex and I *could* be friends, but it wasn't that often.

I have a few friends at work, but I only see them in the office. One guy and I go way back but he's always so busy with his normal group of friends that I don't hang out with him (or them) much. I need to become more social again. My fallback mode is sitting in the apartment with my kitties, reading or watching videos. That's not so bad, but I probably should get out more often so that I don't have such a strong urge to drink alone.

I think the crappiness in this world is by design. The Powers That Be are inflicting "austerity" on the general population while the suck the wealth out of the worldwide economy. It's the .001% vs. the 99.99%. Unfortunately, the vast majority of humanity is working harder for less, or they are starving and disease-ridden. The gap between rich and poor is widening drastically.

The old adage of "Them what has, gets" has never been more apt.