Zoloft Dosages?

Hi all im a 27 yo male that cant seem to get out of this rut.I was given 50mg of zoloft and have been on it for four weeks. i feel that it has made some improvments as some days im now able to leave the house and drive places but i still try to stay clear of all shops which makes eveything hard.My ? is has any one got good resaults from upping the does to 75mg? will i get all the side affects of first starting or none as i have it in my system already? Very willing to put up with bad side affects if a higher dose is going to help.. Just want to be able to function again and go out looking for a job so any life experences would be much great. Cheers :)

Edited by kyle whip0

Hello,

I started Zoloft at 50 mg and am now at 150 mg, increasing by 25 mg at a time. For me, the increases have made a substantial difference; In fact, 50 mg has little noticeable effect. The first time I increased my dose, I was able to use money again - something I previously couldn't. Unfortunately, this was temporary but it has made treatment seem plausible. If I am reading correctly, you went from 0-50 in one step, so increasing the dose by 25 mg should not produce the first starting side effects to the same degree, if at all. If you think a greater dosage would help, I recommend that you try it. That being said, I am not a medical professional, and you should consult one before changing your dose. 

Hoping you can find some relief from your problems,

Devin

• 1 month later...

Many have said there is no difference between 50 and 75 mg. Most go from 50 to 100 mg. On 100 mg I was definitely less anxious and more happy than 50 mg, but I was also more relaxed, which can be a bad thing depending on how you look at it. I guess I wasn't lazy, but more content with laying around. Also, my sex drive was never hampered by Zoloft, in fact I would say sex was better.

Edited by KnotHear