Sign in to follow this  
Ghastly

Need Help Finding What Disorder I Have

Hello

I have been searching the web for the name of the mental disorder I have. I am probably using the wrong words for the symptoms I have am searching for in google, I was wondering if anyone here knows what I might have so I can look for help easier.

I have depression of some sort which I assume this ties into. My main problem is that I don't feel anything from life, I don't get anything out of my senses. It feels like I am viewing the world through a tunnel or something. My brain just sits there dull and lifeless and everything I see, hear, taste, smell, feel travels to my brain and gets lost on the way. When I go to the beach I want to be all "This is the beach it is lovely!" but instead I only really feel probably 20% of the stimulation a normal person would feel. It is like if you were watching a movie you didn't care for and only paid attention to it now and then. It means I have trouble making decisions too, for a small example if I was going to order food from a menu I assume most people's brains tell them what they want, I don't feel anything, I am neutral to all choices so it makes them hard to make.

The biggest issue is that since I don't feel anything I don't want to do anything and I don't get anything out of life. I do what I have to, I go to work, I eat, and when I have spare time I play games for escapism. But I never feel the need to smile or the desire to do something or see something. I have been this way my entire life and I know it ties into depression but it must be its own medical condition as well. And if it is then I can maybe find help somehow. And I mean find help by internet doctering, I am fed up with the health industry. Being a male today in a world that hates men is difficult and many men are alone and isolated, me included. Perhaps if I can get some feeling then I can figure out what i am and what I should do on a daily basis.

thanks.

Edited by Ghastly

That does sound like a possibility, although since it is part of depression I guess it could just be depression. I am on Sertraline now for depression which has numbed me even more but I don't really feel depression so I can either be a complete robot or be part robot and have massive depression attacks.

Just sounds like depression. If you had full blown anhedonia you wouldn't even be able to play games for escapism. Sorry you've struggled for so long.