Sign in to follow this  
stillsearchingg

Can't Watch Tv/movies/videos?

Hi everyone,

I used to love watching TV and movies and could easily become so involved in a show I was watching. Now that I'm depressed I can't watch anything for more than a minute without my mind straying and losing my concentration. I also get very frustrated because I feel so detached from the characters and nothing can elicit any sort of response from me. It's not enjoyable at all. I'm curious to hear if anyone else has this problem. Thanks :)

I understand how you feel.

You just have to force yourself to do the things that you once found pleasurable.

It won't feel good at first, but it will eventually.

I can barely watch TV for the same reasons. I also used to love many shows. Concentration (rumination on my condition), & the lack of emotional feedback I get just makes it nearly impossible to engage. I wouldn't attempt to watch any of your favourite stuff as it just becomes a waste unfortunately.

I have the same problem. I'll end up spending hours looking at all the different shows to try to find one that I'll enjoy watching. I consider it a part of my anhedonia and depression. Sometimes I find that if I drink coffee in the morning or afternoon I'll find things more enjoyable.