Sign in to follow this  
shiznit76

Relaxation Techniques

this one works for me,cover the left nostril and breath in from the right one then cover the right one with the thumb and breath out from the left(then you proceed in from left out from right in fron right out from left...)

I suspect what's best depends on the person and the cause of the anxiety, but I'll share what seems to work for me.

• going somewhere dark and quiet (bedroom, bathroom, whatever-- introverts will know what I mean)

• listening to something relaxing on headphones (especially ASMR for me, but also nature sounds, etc.)

• enjoying favourite (healthy, whole) foods

• reading/watching a favourite piece of fiction

• cleaning, oddly (especially if shame is involved)

Edited by sabishikunaru

this one works for me,cover the left nostril and breath in from the right one then cover the right one with the thumb and breath out from the left(then you proceed in from left out from right in fron right out from left...)

Alternative breathing, love it! 

I practice yoga and I find that it alleviates my anxiety, as well as utilizing breathing techniques such as the alternative nostril breathing. Here's a link that might explain these techniques a little more: http://www.yogajournal.com/article/health/how-yoga-calms-anxiety-holistically/

An icepack held against the back of your neck. Dunno why but it helps me if im overwhelmed by anxiety, stress or anger.

Mindfulness works too. I like to visualize my lungs/chest expanding and contracting with every breath and just focus on that for 5 minutes while taking slow deep breaths.

Edited by NC86

There's something called a 'body scan' that is part of mindfulness meditation.  It's usually about 30 - 40 mins so it's a bit of a time investment but I find it helpful.

I've used EFT or Tapping Therapy in the past. It really seemed to improve my anxiety attacks. Google it, there's a lot of info out there.

I tend to listen to music if I'm really bad. Music has usually always helped me.

I also do deep breathing sometimes until my heartrate is normal.

When I dissociate from all the stress I try to get myself grounded by touching the environment and taking in what's around me.

I hope you can find relaxation methods that work for you!

I've used EFT or Tapping Therapy in the past. It really seemed to improve my anxiety attacks. Google it, there's a lot of info out there.

I've seen/hear about the tapping technique, was curious about it, did you find it worked?

I've seen/hear about the tapping technique, was curious about it, did you find it worked?
I did find that it helped, sometimes more than others but it always helped. How or why it works who knows. I think it at least refocuses your thoughts at the moment and gets you off of the anxiety treadmill.