Wellbutrin & Prozac

Susie44

Hello,

My doctor put me on Wellbutrin because I wasn't improving on Prozac.  I have been diagnosed with major depression. I have been on Prozac for 4 months now. There has been no improvement.  Prozac actually made me more tired and I had absolutely no motivation. My doctor just prescribed Wellbutrin 150 mg XL once a day in the morning. She also told me to still take Prozac 20 mg at night. Today was my first day using Wellbutrin and I was amazed.  For the first time in 5 years I felt happy, energetic and motivated.  My focus was back!  I hope I continue to feel this way.

Is anyone else using the Wellbutrin and Prozac combination?  My doctor said she might wean me off the Prozac if I do well on the Wellbutrin or she might keep me on both.  

I am so excited because today I felt great!  

:coffeebreak:

Just so you know, there is no interaction between Wellbutrin and Prozac.  So while you may feel good taking both, don't worry if your doc wants to take you off the Prozac.  It won't actually 'change' how Wellbutrin is working for you.  I'm glad to hear that Wellbutrin is working for you.  The best thing to do now is to build on this, and try to accomplish whatever you can so you can 'ride the wave' of positivity.  :)