''medulla Oblongata'' Is The Mysterious Maestro Of The Brain

desperados

The medulla oblongata is a very interesting part of the brain. This very small section of the brain stem has a very large amount of responsibility in the human body. Studies concerning this section help in the understanding of many basic biological functions of the body. Some of the actions are ones that we don't even notice are happening on a day-to-day basis but are very important to human life. The medulla oblongata has many different connections with other areas of the brain, plays a key role in several functions of the body, has neurotransmitters that are involved in the functioning of this area, has diseases that can greatly affect its roles in the body.

The activity of the medulla oblongata rely on axons that reach many areas of the cerebral cortex and the cerebellum, releasing neurotransmitters such as norepinephrine, dopamine, serotonin, and acetylcholine. When under stress, norepinephrine relays messages to the brain that control reflex reactions and ability to pay attention. Like epinephrine, norepinephrine also triggers the fight-or-flight response. The fight-or-flight response is directly related to heart rate. It causes glucose from energy being stored to be released and blood flow to increase to muscles that enable the body to react as necessary. Norepinephrine raises blood pressure when used as a drug. This raise in blood pressure causes a correlated drop in heart rate.

Dopamine, another neurotransmitter in the brain, opens dopamine receptors also affecting blood pressure and heart rate. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that deals with mood. Excessive aggressive, sadness, or jealousy is linked to the medulla oblongata. Acetylcholine is used in the motor division and cross over in the medulla oblongata. It is involved in muscle movement, autonomic body functions, and excitatory reactions.

The Medulla Oblongata is the Bringer of Joy

As you activate your medulla oblongata, the brain stem, the nervous system lights up.

As the nervous system lights up, you can experience joy again!

The nervous system is centered at the tip of the medulla oblongata.

The medulla oblongata is on the same level as your nose, in the center of your head.

As you activate your medulla oblongata more, you can stabilize your nervous system.

After you finish stabilizing your nervous system, you can begin super-activating it.

_1801071.jpg

Never heard that part of the brain earlier..looks like it's responsible for controlling all major neurotransmitters and fight or flight system.It must deeply involved with depression.

Thx Epictetus and LaurynJcat...oh yes hehe maybe in the future deep brain stimulation might work on that area.

We can take control 2 of those involuntary action that medulla oblongata does...i take control of my breathing and eye blinking....i try to do them voluntarily every time i remember them somewhat it keeps the brain busy and i feel more relaxed.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...