Sign in to follow this  
budfox

Happy New Year Everyone!

You can take the 'Happy' in the subject header as sincere or ironic, depending on what mood you're in.

I know perfectly well that for many of us on this site, it's not a happy New Year at all. But we're all still alive and fighting and where there's life there's hope. I mean that.

Love you all and am looking forward to speaking with you in 2016.

Thanks, bud. Happy new year to you, too!

I don't think I'll be around too long in it. Lately I've been having vivid dreams foreshadowing my death, and my intuition has been telling me clearly recently that my time is short.

Maybe it's just my mind messing with me, but just in case I made a will and put my affairs somewhat in order. I have had mystical experiences and prophetic dreams before, though, so I can't just dismiss these feelings.

I'm sad about it but also strangely excited.

Feel free to mock me if I'm still posting here a year from now! :)

I don't think I'll be around too long in it. Lately I've been having vivid dreams foreshadowing my death, and my intuition has been telling me clearly recently that my time is short.

Maybe it's just my mind messing with me, but just in case I made a will and put my affairs somewhat in order. I have had mystical experiences and prophetic dreams before, though, so I can't just dismiss these feelings.

No way. I'm going to be wishing you a happy New Year next year too. Death will come to us all eventually. We don't need to rush towards it my friend.

Thanks for this thread, budfox :)

I want to wish everyone a happy new year! Hoping, as Lauryn says, that 2016 will be better for us all.

On New Years' Day of the year I turned 17, I had my first serious bout of depression; my first suicide attempt. I'm now a few months shy of 60 and glad I'm still here to celebrate with my family and friends!

Edited by Dolphin2013

You can take the 'Happy' in the subject header as sincere or ironic, depending on what mood you're in.

I know perfectly well that for many of us on this site, it's not a happy New Year at all. But we're all still alive and fighting and where there's life there's hope. I mean that.

`

Had an appointment with my therapist, and he asked what is my New Year's resolution.  And I said to be happy which probably is a resolution for a lot of us on this forum.  Lately my depression has been getting worse, due to circumstantial and emotional elements.  Hopefully this thing in my head that keeps me unhappy will withdraw and allow a rainbow of happiness in.  I wish that for all of us! 

2015 was one of the worst years of my life, right up there with 2007 and 2011. I would settle for 2016 being just barely better than my worst, since I don't actually have much hope of it being amazing beyond my wildest dreams. But like every year, I will hope against hope to be wrong, and I will fight to combat my depression and make something of myself.

Thanks Bud. Happy new year to you too and everyone here. I live one day at a time. I've made it to another year. Doesn't matter if it is just for a day or two, or a month, but I've made it. 

Luv you all.

Edited by Camellia

One More. I can relate to the mystical experiences and the prophetic dreams. Idk what to say. But please stay with us.((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

One More Red Nightmare: I've experienced something similar (I think). This will definitely be my last New Year's Eve. Soon the world will have one less 30 year-old virgin loser.

I'm really sorry you're feeling like this. I hope you'll find support here so you might have a lot more NYEs to come. (hugs)