Sign in to follow this  
shiznit76

Upped Dose

Esc 20 continues to help me. It took a couple of weeks initially, and was subtle, but subtle is good.  Success is feeling neutral, not artificially up or down, nor artificially emotionless in the middle.  

Other caveat is that sleep is king.  If I sleep poorly for 2 nights in a row, Esc can't help me much.  

I recently moved up to 20mg also. Have been on 20mg for about 5 days.

We can be "upped dose" buddies haha.

How long were you on 10?  How you finding the effects of upping dose?

I actually went from 10mg to 15mg for a bit and then 20mg. So far so good on 20mg. I have already noticed a little lift in things. When I was on 10mg, I felt like a yoyo. I would be feeling ok for a couple days and then back down for several days. That just seemed like my pattern with it. I really didn't have a lot of side effects on any of my increases after I got to 10mg, but I took each increase really slow.

I was on 10mg for about 6 weeks. Stayed on 15mg for 2-3 weeks and then went to 20. I have felt a little better every time I have increased. Kind of wished I would have pushed up to 20mg long ago.

I was on 10mg for about 6 weeks. Stayed on 15mg for 2-3 weeks and then went to 20. I have felt a little better every time I have increased. Kind of wished I would have pushed up to 20mg long ago.

Is this the first AD you have been on?

Hi everyone. I've been on Escitalopram now for the last 3 weeks at 20mg and the 1st week was at 10mg for a total of 4 weeks. I've been feeling a bit better this last week but still feel some anxiety (more tolerable with deep breathing) but I'm still not 100% like I used to be. Just wondering if anyone has felt 100% better from Escitalopram and how long did it take? My doc told me that it can take from 4-6 weeks to really feel the benefits and I'm about to go into my 5th week, 4th week at 20mg. Not sure maybe because I'll be starting work in a couple of days after being off for 2 weeks for the holidays. I'm really hoping to really start feeling like my old self again. Thanks everyone! God bless.

Hi everyone. I've been on Escitalopram now for the last 3 weeks at 20mg and the 1st week was at 10mg for a total of 4 weeks. I've been feeling a bit better this last week but still feel some anxiety (more tolerable with deep breathing) but I'm still not 100% like I used to be. Just wondering if anyone has felt 100% better from Escitalopram and how long did it take? My doc told me that it can take from 4-6 weeks to really feel the benefits and I'm about to go into my 5th week, 4th week at 20mg. Not sure maybe because I'll be starting work in a couple of days after being off for 2 weeks for the holidays. I'm really hoping to really start feeling like my old self again. Thanks everyone! God bless.

You'll get there Gelo, hopefully we all will.Good that you're finding some relief already. When i started it too about 8 weeks to feel better, then felt great for about 3 months, but have slumped and just had dose upped to the 20mg

I'm thinking starting at 15mg/day also to ease in to it.

How long were you on 10mg for?

How has your increase gone so far shiz?

ok. Sleeping isnt too good though, finding it very hard to nod off, but other than that no major issues so far, thanks for asking

Shiznit hope all is well so far. I have a question, I know you said it took about 8 weeks and it was like a light switch turned on. I'm on my 2nd week and see very little if any improvement. My question is did you see any improvement before the 8 weeks or it literally took 8 weeks before you noticed anything.

Shiznit hope all is well so far. I have a question, I know you said it took about 8 weeks and it was like a light switch turned on. I'm on my 2nd week and see very little if any improvement. My question is did you see any improvement before the 8 weeks or it literally took 8 weeks before you noticed anything.

the first weeks were the worst, slight improvement as went on, but not great deal, it was more or less a case of waking up one morning and noticing i felt fine. That is not the case for everyone, but was for me. Hopefully it will happen soon on my upped dose, and for you too

I've been feeling pretty crummy lately. The yo-yo comment above seems to apply well to me; I have good stretches, followed by yucky stretches. I feel as though anxiety is my main problem now, though that can induce negative thinking and and some degree of depression. It generally doesn't last, but my doctor decided to refer me to a psychiatrist because I'm not doing as well as she'd hoped (been on escitalopram since April). She also told me that I could increase my dose to 20 mg from 15 mg (where I've been since August).

I mean, I'm doing a lot better than I was when I started taking medication in April, but it seems so inconsistent and I'm tired of feeling tired and sick all the time. I feel the way I usually feel this time of year, when I thought I'd be doing better, though maybe this is just my normal.

Hi again Zoot,,

I feel your pain, I just want to feel good like I did for the 3 months before I crashed again. How are you getting on with your dose increase? I've upped to 15mg this week and going on to 20mg next week

I've been feeling pretty crummy lately. The yo-yo comment above seems to apply well to me; I have good stretches, followed by yucky stretches. I feel as though anxiety is my main problem now, though that can induce negative thinking and and some degree of depression. It generally doesn't last, but my doctor decided to refer me to a psychiatrist because I'm not doing as well as she'd hoped (been on escitalopram since April). She also told me that I could increase my dose to 20 mg from 15 mg (where I've been since August).

I mean, I'm doing a lot better than I was when I started taking medication in April, but it seems so inconsistent and I'm tired of feeling tired and sick all the time. I feel the way I usually feel this time of year, when I thought I'd be doing better, though maybe this is just my normal.

Hey BrotherZoot. I hear ya. I felt really good yesterday and actualy felt normal again, and it all happened at work, which I was dreading about. Today, I felt just ok, not as good and felt some anxiety throughout the day. This up and down thing is really frustrating. This is my 5th week on Escitalopram, 4th week on 20mg. I'm just praying for more improvement and consistency in the positive feelings I get. I wonder if this is normal. Thanks and take care.

Yes, Gelo, unfortunately I think it is normal. I have been right there with you on the up and down, yo-yo feelings. It is very frustrating and I have been going through that for awhile. I have slowly titrated up from 5mg to 20mg since August. I have been on 20mg for two weeks now. My baseline has gotten better with each increase but when you fall back down it is scary because you feel like you are going right back into the worst of it. Hang in there because that is what we all have to do.

Yes, Gelo, unfortunately I think it is normal. I have been right there with you on the up and down, yo-yo feelings. It is very frustrating and I have been going through that for awhile. I have slowly titrated up from 5mg to 20mg since August. I have been on 20mg for two weeks now. My baseline has gotten better with each increase but when you fall back down it is scary because you feel like you are going right back into the worst of it. Hang in there because that is what we all have to do.

Thanks. Good to know I'm not alone in this feeling. I hope and pray that we all reach that level of comfort and peace we all want and stay there. Take care and God bless.