Random Facts About Anything.

Mark250

From Science Daily:

A study of the Caribbean Sea by University of Liverpool ocean scientists has revealed that, in the midst of all the noise of the ocean, this region behaves like a whistle, which blows so loudly that it can be 'heard' from space in the form of oscillations of the Earth's gravity field.

[A]n ocean current flowing through the Caribbean Sea becomes unstable and excites a resonance of a rather strange kind of ocean wave called a 'Rossby wave'. Because the Caribbean Sea is partly open, this causes an exchange of water with the rest of the ocean which allows us to 'hear' the resonance using gravity measurements.

The Caribbean whistles an A-flat.

Sooo....

The bacteria Brevibacterium linens is responsible for making our feet all stanky.  That same bacteria is inoculated into some cheeses, like Limburger and Port-du-Salut.  So you're not just imagining that some cheeses smell like toe jam.  

As God as my witness, I shall never eat Munster again (this week).

Edited by SpiralingMind

On 5/23/2016 at 7:19 AM, zdude954 said:

Ethylene glycol  the stuff found in antifreeze is/was also found in Mr. pibb.

It may have been removed but at one point it was in there 

Is it propylene glycol? Propylene glycol is non-toxic except under extreme circumstances. It's commonly used in food and drink. Ethylene glycol is moderately toxic and not used in food. Both compounds taste sweet, which is where the danger lies in ethylene glycol. 

Peace

1 hour ago, Mark250 said:

:dontgetit:...OK. I'm confused.

I'm not trying to persuade you to my view or anything, I just believe the Earth is flat, and the sun is 32 miles across and 3,500 miles away. It's funny, cos Standup chose what he thought was the safest fact - one nobody could contest - and even that, some people don't agree it's true! So we all have beliefs we're 100% dead sure are true but there's always someone who's 100% sure of the opposite!

1 hour ago, standup said:

The population of Iceland is only 323,000. And yet, Iceland's national soccer/ football team made it to the quarterfinal of the Euro 2016 tournament. Well done.

Iceland also has a 100% adult literacy rate.

Edited by Turnt