Anyone Tried/considered Trt For Anxiety & Depression?

Ive battled with anxiety and depression for over 20yrs now with little to no relief.

I had my testosterone levels checked and it is very low,below 200 which is a red flag.

On doing some research on the net it appears low T levels can be a big factor in anxiety and depression.

Has anyone here had experience with TRT therapy?

When I was on opioid pain killers like Dilaudid and Fentanyl for 6 years my T levels dropped below 80. This triggered the most severe, untouchable suicidal depression in my life(extreme fatigue, dysphoria, daily suicidal thoughts, irritability etc). It was only remedied by replacing my T levels with Androgel until I eventually weaned off all my meds at the time and my levels returned to normal on their own. Pain killers are known to deplete androgens, as well as antipsychotics although not to the same degree that pain killers do.

It is better to try to naturally raise your T levels through eating testosterone increasing foods, zinc, magnesium, B6, and weight lifting rather than hormone replacement if you can. Replacing any hormones causes the body to shut off its own production of the hormone. Testosterone replacement also increases prostate cancer risk.

Edited by NC86

• 1 month later...

When I was on opioid pain killers like Dilaudid and Fentanyl for 6 years my T levels dropped below 80. This triggered the most severe, untouchable suicidal depression in my life(extreme fatigue, dysphoria, daily suicidal thoughts, irritability etc). It was only remedied by replacing my T levels with Androgel until I eventually weaned off all my meds at the time and my levels returned to normal on their own. Pain killers are known to deplete androgens, as well as antipsychotics although not to the same degree that pain killers do.

It is better to try to naturally raise your T levels through eating testosterone increasing foods, zinc, magnesium, B6, and weight lifting rather than hormone replacement if you can. Replacing any hormones causes the body to shut off its own production of the hormone. Testosterone replacement also increases prostate cancer risk.

How much zinc do you take?

Also, do you take your magnesium together with B6 or at different timings. Is there a difference?

If you could so kindly, please reply to my other thread on Mag+B6 too thank you.

I'm curious and realized that testosterone does indeed play a role.. somewhat, and sadly, SSRI's do kind of deplete certain minerals/nurtrients in some people... and doctors don't even warn or advise against this.. or maybe they are clueless. At least in my experience.

Cheers,

sub