Someone To Talk To?

samdiva

I have a lot of feelings getting built up inside of me. Just wanted to start a place where we can just share... not necessarily talk about whats bothering us... but maybe kinda like a place where we can just come at the end of the day and tell how our day was... or listen to how someone else!

Sometimes if I just talk to someone about normal things or even just listen to anything the other person has to say.... it really helps me to not focus on all the things getting built up inside of me... kinda like diverts my mind and helps me not obsess over one thing... its a good way to get rid of anxiety... so I thought... here is a good place to do that... 

So tell me... how was your day?? :)

Hi samdiva, how's it going? My day has been ok, I live in supported housing at the moment, and me and my dad built a porch we ordered off amazon, so people at the house can smoke outside and not get soaked by the rubbish english weather (really my dad built it, he's a builder, I just held things haha). 

I'm really exhausted, because my sleep is all messed up at the moment, probably going to watch some pointless videos on youtube, like some bad movie reviews, or some epic fail compilations. My days aren't very exciting at the moment haha, how's your day been?

Hello breakfastclub5!

It is pretty cool that you and your dad are doing this together (even if it means you holding things for him). I live in USA and my family is in India... so I miss doing all these things with them and just getting time to bond and spend time with them... So make the most of it... if you think about it... its an exciting thing to be able to literally build stuff :))

Why is your sleep messed up? and yeah.. youtube helps to pass time... I do that too... and then feel guilty for not being productive...

My day is going just the usual... doing some analysis at work... for my thesis.... its a never ending thing... there is always more data to analyze... always more things to add to the thesis... cant wait to get done... now just a 1.5 weeks until I graduate... so literally counting days.... :)

I get overwhelmed by it all sometimes... but its ok... I am almost done... :)

Goodmorning Epictetus,

I hope it gets busy soon... I have seen... busy days are always much better than days when I have too much time to obsess over things! :)

anyway... busy or not busy... hope its a good day for you!

Hey samdiva, that's a shame you are far away from your family, but do you guys keep in contact a lot? I've never been to India or the USA, that's so cool you're living on the other side of the world, you're braver than me. 

My sleep is messed up because I've been suffering from really bad depression the past few months, and with me when I'm badly depressed I find it hard to go to sleep and so I end up staying up late, and then sleeping in the day. I'm also unemployed at the moment, which makes it harder to have a structure in my days. But I'm tackling my depression at the moment, and going to bed earlier, Going to be going back on medication as well, which I think is a good idea. 

What kind of work and studying are you doing? Congratulations for when you graduate, and good luck with your future career plans! 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello breakfastclub5!

Sorry for the Late reply. Have been so pre-occupied with graduation. Well so the latest update is that I graduated in Dec 2015. Now I am a Doctor! I am happy about it. And thank you for your wishes for it... [also I feel we both are brave :) give yourself the credit :-) !!! ]

Also, a very happy new year to you!!

Hope this year goes great for you...

So tell me... has your sleep improved since our last conversation did you end up starting the medication? and whats up on the job front? 

I hope you soon get a chance to visit India or USA... in fact both! :-)

So any new year's resolutions?