Sign in to follow this  
Forum Admin

Random Thoughts 2

"You know what the Mexicans say about the Pacific? They say it has no memory, That's where I want to live the rest of my life,

A warm place with no memory...."

The Shawshank Redemption

On 18.02.2017 at 7:25 AM, gs22 said:

I don't know why my parents decided to have kids or what they expected of me.  They didn't offer me the guidance I needed in life.  So did they expect me to magically turn out to be emotionally secure and feel good about my life?

This! Totally understand. +after that they would get MAD at me for not being stable, emotionally/socially adept etc, blame me for it and demand answers to questions like "what is wrong with me", all while I was still very confused about all that myself.

Now that the meds are starting to work, I'm starting to feel emotions coming on WAAY too strong again. I was supposed to meet a guy (irl) I've been talking to for a while but he changed plans the day before. I''m not even attatched to this person at all, I don't even really know him in person yet. But I have abandonment issues so I was way sad and cried for 3 days in violent attacks of pain and dispair and confusion.

9 minutes ago, Lunachick said:

I'm growing so impatient that my meds will ever start to work.

How long have you been on them Lunachick? If it's been more than 8 weeks, and you're still not noticing a difference, I would check with your doctor.

After the shock of seeing how much I weigh now, I was planning to do a power walk outside. So of course my bad leg has decided to start hurting. Now I have to decide if I'm going to try to walk through the pain, or if I'm going to give up and procrastinate getting back into shape like I've done 5,000 times this year so far.

1 hour ago, LonelyHiker said:

How long have you been on them Lunachick? If it's been more than 8 weeks, and you're still not noticing a difference, I would check with your doctor.

@LonelyHiker I'm on day 35 of Prozac. 20 mg the first two weeks and 40 mg starting week three. My psychiatrist said he will likely move me up to 60 mg when I see him Feb 27 if I haven't gotten better yet. I'm scared to titrate up, though, because I don't want to experience the temporary increased anxiety from increasing the dosage.

I took Prozac for anxiety/panic disorder for about 5-6 years and thought I was good enough to stop last spring. Had some mild panic attacks after stopping, but was able to control them, float through them, and keep going. Well, Jan. 15 of this year I had a bad panic attack, worst one ever, and it hasn't gone away. I've had to spend the last 35 days in bed, except to go to the doctor (and that has been torture).

I'm hoping Prozac worked in the past that it will work now. I've been reading that taking it a second time around can take longer to work, but of course you can find evidence for anything if you look hard enough.

1 hour ago, evalynn said:

After the shock of seeing how much I weigh now, I was planning to do a power walk outside. So of course my bad leg has decided to start hurting. Now I have to decide if I'm going to try to walk through the pain, or if I'm going to give up and procrastinate getting back into shape like I've done 5,000 times this year so far.

@evalynn maybe compromise and walk for 5-10 minutes. I bet you'll feel happy you did it.

@Lunachick I'm just waiting to find out if Prozac is working for me too. In my case, it started working for me on a lower dosage (20mg after 4-6 weeks) but doc asked me some stuff and decided to up it to 30mg. Only I'm taking it the first time, so maybe it's different if you'd taken it before. 60 mg and upping the dose so rapidly seems scary though! But then again, I'm not a doctor.

3 minutes ago, Natasha1 said:

HIKES!!!!

hugs LH

Yeah, just wish I was motivated to get off my tush and get out...just feel like I'm going through the motions, ya know?

hugs back Natasha

17 minutes ago, LonelyHiker said:

Yeah, just wish I was motivated to get off my tush and get out...just feel like I'm going through the motions, ya know?

hugs back Natasha

you know what...im right there with you what is helping me is looking forward to the new schedule for a local group i hike with. i think thats what is going to force me back into it. and its 2 week away!!!! yippee

1 minute ago, Natasha1 said:

you know what...im right there with you what is helping me is looking forward to the new schedule for a local group i hike with. i think thats what is going to force me back into it. and its 2 week away!!!! yippee

Awesome! I need to find a hiking club here in Richmond :\

10 hours ago, LonelyHiker said:

I did get all the xmas decorations down today at least, just in time for President's day lol

Proud of you LH!

10 hours ago, Lunachick said:

@Azealia

Well I went from 20 to 40. I guess I could take a 40 and a 10 to get to 50 instead of skipping from 40 to 60. How do you get 30? Are you doing a 20 and a 10?

Yes exactly :) I'm happy we did that because I tend to have a lot of side effects.