Sign in to follow this  
Forum Admin

Random Thoughts 2

There's a doll on Amazon called 'Mimi World Penis Chica Chica Fern Play'. Use age: 3 yrs/Baby Doll/Toy/child/infant. I must have stared at this for about 10 minutes waiting for my brain to make sense of these words. I looked up the word penis in the dictionary just to reassure myself that I understood english. These are otherwise seemingly inoffensive korean made dolls, but something must have gone badly wrong when they translated it's name to english. There's a factory in south Korea where they're all puzzled as to why no one in the west wants to buy their dolls. I think I know might know why. It gets worse. Googling it I found an Indian site which sells the whole range, including Mimi Chica Chica Wow Bath penis, Mimi World penis hospital bath, Mimi World penis ice cream shops and, quite worryingly, Mimi World snip snip penis head play. I mean how? what? why? Does anyone speak Korean? Here's a pic of the Mimi World penis life play set in case you were curious.

1327310_B_V1.jpg

OMG Hahahahaha Mimi World penis life play set & snip snip penis head play. Oh wow haha.

Just looked it up. They were also selling (now removed) MW penis baby baskets, MW penis brushing play, MW penis piggyback baby, MW fake penis microphone & MW animal penis phone.

My guess is they had only one English-speaking employee in charge of product name translation, who they'd seriously P***** off & who was close to resigning lol

Edited by Els1e

Ricky Gervais is hilarious. His Golden Globes monologue & when he introduced Mel Gibson. Brilliant. He k*lled it. Also loved all the comments from people outraged over it (YouTube/news articles). I love outraged people. They're just as funny*.

*Edit - Err wait, not that I haven't been guilty of my own steaming-eared, nobheaded outrage on occasion. Not claiming not to be an idi*t or someone entirely deserving of being laughed at :)

Edited by Els1e

I don't want to take the tinsel lights down. They splash color (gold * blue * red * purple * green) across the walls at night and it looks so magical. It's nearly February though.

50 minutes ago, Nisemono said:

Donald Trump is a serious Presidential Candidate. Please explain this Americans. I mean, jesus! he's an argument against democracy. If people will vote for this P**k then people don't deserve to vote. This guy? Really? ****ing really?

It's actually quite simple and understandable.

After 9/11, people are scared. (I lived in Virginia, just south of Washington D.C. on 9/11. It was terrifying- go figure.) The market crash in 2008 and subsequent financial pain deepened the wound. People are very, very scared, and Donald Trump speaks to those fears. They're afraid Mexicans will take their jobs and Muslims will blow them up. The powers that be need the blame to be directed anywhere but where it truly lies: the interplay between the stock markets, banking, and government systems. No one likes to feel like they don't have a voice or have some control over bad things happening, and Trump appears on the surface to restore that control.

Please spread the news. Make people aware. ;-)

19 minutes ago, arboria said:

It's actually quite simple and understandable.

After 9/11, people are scared. (I lived in Virginia, just south of Washington D.C. on 9/11. It was terrifying- go figure.) The market crash in 2008 and subsequent financial pain deepened the wound. People are very, very scared, and Donald Trump speaks to those fears. They're afraid Mexicans will take their jobs and Muslims will blow them up. The powers that be need the blame to be directed anywhere but where it truly lies: the interplay between the stock markets, banking, and government systems. No one likes to feel like they don't have a voice or have some control over bad things happening, and Trump appears on the surface to restore that control.

Please spread the news. Make people aware. ;-)

You'd think they'd also be afraid of an obviously narcissistic wannabe dictator who says he will bring back torture and worse.

9 minutes ago, Nisemono said:

What the **** is backrupt? Me am an native iglish speaking person. Speak english boy!

I'll go backrupt before long if I don't fix my awful posture.

Wow, it doesn't take much to trigger a depression now that I have suffered many.  When I was young it took something huge to trigger one.  Now just a car accident.