Sign in to follow this  
derpytia

Recovering From Thanksgiving

So instead of going home this year (which I couldn't afford to) I went to a friend's home to celebrate with his family (who I never met prior to the holiday) and I had both a fun time and a horrible time. The family was so nice and giving and accommodating but on the inside I was a mess. My anxiety was out of control. I barely ate one plate of food at dinner because my anxiety gave me an acidic and nauseous stomach (and I didn't bring my Pepcid) though I had two slices of chocolate pie afterwards and a lot of water. Then when it came time to sleep, I got my own room and I set the temperature to my usual temp, turned on the fan (can't sleep without it) and my soundmaker for my tinnitus and still I didn't fall asleep until 4 am and then got a horrible nights sleep. Now I'm back at my apartment in my bed relaxing so I can recover from all of that and I'm not anxious about my anxiety going away. I haven't taken Xanax for over three months (though I was never dependent on it and took it only as needed a few times a month) and now I'm thinking about getting more from my psych because this is ridiculous.

Hi Lauryn,

I am also part of a tinnitus forum called TinnitusTalk (its a great forum, we conduct research where we can, get in contact with companies trying to make drugs to help us, support other sufferers, and raise awareness) and several members have tried it with very limited results.

I'm just so so so worried that I made mine worse somehow. Thanksgiving is stressful enough and with hell week before finals week coming up I'm so completely strung out.