Depression Breaking Through Lexapro?

Hi,

First post on here!

I've been on Lexapro 10mg/day for nearly 5 months for dysthymia. Also I see a therapist regularly.

I've had tremendous success with this drug. My social life has virtually tripled, my negative thoughts have nearly vanished and I'm somewhat more confident and outgoing. My sex drive has also awakened.

However, over the past 2 weeks or so I've been feeling more apathetic, emotionless and unmotivated. Life seems to have fewer opportunities to offer. This is a lot like how I felt before I went on this medication. I had about 10 days of "down" time, then got better although I'm still not sure I'm feeling as good as I possibly could. Also my interest in sex has decreased somewhat.

If you were me, would you consider adjusting your medication? Or would you just wait a little longer to see how things unfold on their own?

Thanks!

I would wait a little longer since you've had such a great response and have been in remmission for some time...if it exceeds more than a couple more weeks then defintiely talk to your Dr about an increase. Sometimes normal life stressors can cause some disturbance in our delicate brains Chemistry...it might smooth out over some time on its own. I hope you feel better soon.

Yes, stay on your current dosage and see how things go.  How long to ride it out?  I'm not sure, give it at least 2 to 4 weeks.

If you wait it out but you still don't feel right, then dosage increase might work great.

I'd been on 10mg Lexapro and had always felt fine, but via a long story I increased to 20mg and discovered that I felt majorly better at 20mg.