Sign in to follow this  
Positivenegative

Cbd Oil For Anxiety And Depression (In States Where It's Legal!)

Does anyone have any experience with using CBD oil for their anxiety or depression? I can't take most medications, and I have tried pretty much everything for my treatment resistant depression. I was wondering if anyone who lives in a state where CBD oil is legal could share their experiences with me? I don't consider pan a drug, and I'm not looking to get high. My question comes from my desperation to find anything that may help me. I was turned down for the newer ketamine studies because the doctors said they didn't think it would work given my 'condition.' Thanks!

On 11/17/2015 at 9:51 AM, Positivenegative said:

Does anyone have any experience with using CBD oil for their anxiety or depression? I can't take most medications, and I have tried pretty much everything for my treatment resistant depression. I was wondering if anyone who lives in a state where CBD oil is legal could share their experiences with me? I don't consider pan a drug, and I'm not looking to get high. My question comes from my desperation to find anything that may help me. I was turned down for the newer ketamine studies because the doctors said they didn't think it would work given my 'condition.' Thanks!

why was ketamine not offered to you?

My boyfriend uses a CBD vape pen for anxiety and has had great success with it. It has decreased the use of his anti anxiety meds from nearly every day to maybe once or twice a month, and that’s when things are pretty bad. CBD oil claims to have a lot of other health benefits like helping with inflammation and chronic pain, and I am aware of no real downsides (as long as it’s legal in your state). It does not get you high, it has no psychoactive properties. I have used it a couple times, but the effects come more from long term use. I wouldn’t mind using it myself, but the oil is hydrophobic, which means it comes with a dry mouth and throat, and I am already chronically thirsty. If this one issue doesn’t bother you... Might be worth a shot.

If you try it, let us know how it goes! Best luck to you.

Hello! I’m a total newbie on this forum so bare with me. I’ve been using CBD oil for 6-8 months now. I buy it at my pharmacy and it has helped with my anxiety and physical effects of anxiety ie nausea, mood, inability to sleep. The drops taste horrid. And I’ve built a tolerance to the mg / doseage. Like anything else, it’s expensive as heck to buy and only works a short time. Also, I popped hot for THC in a drug test. It’s claimed that you don’t receive THC in these type oils.... oh but you do. Not sure of the specifics here as I’ve heard several explanations of why this happened in my experience. If one has employment with a zero tolerance policy, a pos Dt May cause lots of issues. A close friend of mine lost her job over testing positive for THC from the drops. Just food for thought (sadly) to keep in mind. Some pain clinics also will cut you loose with a pos THC test. Just an issue that hopefully will be resolved soon. I’m sure there are ways to see which “substance” caused the THC level. Soooo, with all this said... the “pot drops” are great if you can afford to buy them on the regular, you don’t build a tolerance easily and don’t have to worry about THC in your system. Whew, right? 

—warmest regards! KS 🙂