Chariewings

Wellbutrin/zoloft

I have been taking Wellbutrin for 4 months. I like the fact that it gives me energy and helped me lose 40 lbs, however, the depression is still there and the anxiety is through the roof! My doc tried adding Buspar but that gave me chest pains. He then suggested stopping the Buspar and taking Zoloft with it instead. I am very concerned about gaining the weight back. Has anyone been on the Wellbutrin/Zoloft combo that experienced weight changes? I'm wondering if I should just give the Buspar more time (only been a week). Any advise would be greatly appreciated!! I really don't want to gain weight back. It is important for my health which is why doc put me on Wellbutrin in the first place.

The Wellbutrin/Zoloft combination is supposedly a decent regimen. As for gaining weight, I have no clue. If you are able to exercise or control your portions or eat healthier foods, it may not even be an issue. Exercise in my opinion is the key to preventing weight gain, but not everyone can do it. Effexor might also be an option instead of Zoloft. But I would try the Wellbutrin/Zoloft and if it causes the weight gain, then try something else.

I've been on a combination of Wellbutrin and Zoloft for a bit more than two years now. Initially, I lost a little weight (very little...less than 5 pounds) when I started the Zoloft due to gastrointestinal side effects. Other than that, the Zoloft hasn't caused any weight changes for me. Good luck.

Thank you!  Does the combo work well for you?  I am supposed to take it to offset the anxiety.  Does this help with anxiety (if you suffer from anxiety)?  I know everyone is different, I just like to hear from people about their experience.

Hi, there. Yes, it did work well. I said "did" because I'm going through a very difficult time right know, a combination of triggers and tapering off the meds. Guess the tapering isn't going too well. 

But, yes, the combination worked for me, especially with the anxiety. I found I also had to cut back on caffeine to help control the anxiety. You might try that as well.  Good luck. I hope the combination gives you peace and well being.

Wonderful combo, Zoloft Wellbutrin. It put maybe a total of 10 lbs on me , but that's it. It is worth it, this has been the best combo for me. 

I just started this combination, and out the years of stuff Ive tried, this was the best. I also take klonopin for anxiety. It is much better than my previous off afferall and Xanax