Hello all

I am new here, just looking for a place to make some friends (!!) who understand what it is like to live with a mental illness. 

Hopefully get to know some people :)

Is there a general chat area to this forum?

Also, how many from the UK?

EDIT: Can a mod correct my typo in the thread title please?

Edited by The Unforgiven

Hello, and welcome to this site!  It’s an excellent forum, and full of people who are compassionate, kind, understanding and helpful.

I’m not a moderator nor administrator, just a regular member responding to your message to say “hi”.  Don't worry about the typo in your message title, no biggie!  But maybe one of them will fix it per your request.

There is a general chat in this forum, I don't use it, but I know that others sometimes do, so check it out until you find a time when others are there.

There are several members here from the UK.

You posted your message in the correct section for “new members”, but I’ll tell you a helpful hint: I noticed that not everybody on the forum reads and responds to the new member posts as often as we all should.

So, if you find that you only get a few answers to your introductory message, don’t get discouraged.

Just take a look around the forum and read the messages in the other sections, and next time you post try posting in one of the regular sections, and you may get more reads and responds.

I hope you’re able to find any help and friendship here that you need.  Again, welcome!

Hi The Unforgiven, welcome to DF!

I noticed earlier that you've already posted in some other threads, which is great! Lynn is right that not everyone looks at these threads all the time.

I'm not from England, but I have been there several times. I spent an entire summer there in Brighton 2 years ago. We do have people here from the UK though, just have to find them.

Welcome again and I look forward to seeing you around the forums! :smile:

• 3 weeks later...