Sign in to follow this  
Inbetween

Alone Forever?

My wife left me a year and a half ago. I was so happy with her and my life even with depression wasnt bad. Now im miserable and feel that I will be alone the rest of my life due to the depression and sexual side effects of the meds. Im 40 and I dont want to spend the rest of my life alone. Thanks for reading.

My wife left me a year and a half ago. I was so happy with her and my life even with depression wasnt bad. Now im miserable and feel that I will be alone the rest of my life due to the depression and sexual side effects of the meds. Im 40 and I dont want to spend the rest of my life alone. Thanks for reading.

(((Hugs)))

I am sorry IB, I know it's not easy to navigate this crazy world alone sometimes. Are you ready to meet other people? Have you tried? I know it's hard putting yourself out there again after heartbreak.

I am in the same boat. 40, divorced, 2 teenage kids and so fearful of putting myself out into the world for fear of rejection and not feeling well about my mental or physical health. 

Keep your head up, IB. When you're least expecting it someone will come along in the meantime, do something you've always wanted to do or find a hobby that you've always wanted to try.

Hello, Inbetween:

I'm sorry that your marriage ended.

Recovering from a divorce follows the same pattern of grief that one experiences with death or other major loss.

It's a slow and difficult recovery, and you cannot rush through it.

It's natural to feel that you don't want to be alone, but for true recovery you need to spend time without a relationship to try to become as physically and mentally healthy as possible before starting a new relationship.

Don't focus so much on finding a new wife or new long-term partner.  Instead, focus on spending time with all people of all ages.  For single women, only focus on one date at a time as an opportunity to have a nice time today, not a quest for the next Mrs.

I'm sorry that happened . when u are ready have u ever considered online dating apps or doing Meetups in your county? I know in a big city u can just meet anyone anywhere but small towns where not much happens.. maybe the online stuff will work

I can relate. My marriage ended in 2003 and I haven't even had a date since 2007, sad but true. I have wondered if I'm just going to end up a lonely, bitter old lady...hell, I'm 52 and with my depression issues, financial situation and anxiety issues I wonder who would want me....:-( 

Alone for now?  Yes. Alone forever?  It doesn't have to be that way.  Take some time to heal and focus on yourself before you seek a relationship.

Take care.