Cooking Therapy ^_^

sairyss

so cooking and baking can be very theraputic to some people... i am one of them... so with that being said ... i know that at one point in time there was a cooking thread... so instead of trying to dig it up and revive it i have decided to simply create a new one!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Mini pan Pies

prep time   15-20 minutes
bake time   7-10 minutes

ingredients :
2 cans of mixed veggies

1 can of gravy (chicken or beef)

1lbs of cooked chicken or beef (cut into small pieces)
3 cans of pre made biscuit dough
1 bag of shredded cheese (i use cheddar for chicked and swiss for beef)

optional: 1 packet of bullion seasoning to bring out flavor of gravy

you will need a cupcake baking sheet

Preparation:
mix the cooked chicken or beef vegetables and gravy really well. if you feel that there is not enough flavor add 1 packet of bullion seasoning.

flatten out the biscuits into really thin pie like circles.. places each flat biscuit into the baking sheet in its own cupcake holder...

spoon the stuffing mix into the crust. sprinkle a nice layer of cheese on each pie...

bake for approximately 7-10 minutes or until the pie crust turn golden brown.

sprinkle more cheese on each pie if you like.

let cool for a moment so that you can remove the pies easily...

[removed photo]

Edited by 20YearsandCounting
remove photo

Brownies are always good, right?  I really don't get into cooking, but I like these because you can do half of it in the microwave. 
You can also find this recipe on the Kraft recipes website. (no outside links, I'm trying to be good).  When I do this, I don't do all the cutesy stuff or the icing, I just make the basic brownies, thank you. 

Cupid's Best Brownies

(as modified from the Kraft website)

Ingredients:

4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate

3/4 cup butter  (real butter, don't cheat & use margarine)

2 cups sugar

3 eggs (I generally use jumbo or large eggs)

1 tsp. vanilla (I use generic imitation, if you have the real thing, reduce this some)

1 cup flour

optional smashed walnuts to put on top

Instructions:

1) Preheat oven to 350 (F); line a 13x9 glass pan with foil and grease it down with Crisco; if you use sprays, it might still stick.

2) In a microwave safe bowl (large enough to eventually hold all ingredients) put chocolate and butter (cube the butter). Heat it on High setting for about 1:30-2:00 minutes, or until butter melts.  Stir until the chocolate melts.  If you nuke the chocolate too long, you'll end up with messed up chocolate. ;-P

3) Add sugar and mix well.

4) In a smaller bowl, beat the eggs and vanilla.  Add to the chocolate and mix well. 

5) Stir in the flour & mix well.  The mixture will be a little bit on the thin side.

6)  Pour the mixture into the prepared 13x9 glass pan.  Spread the batter, and sprinkle the walnuts, if you're using them.

7)  Bake for about 30-35 minutes, but as with any brownies, don't over-bake.  In my oven, this means 35 minutes.  And a 13x9 pan is really the minimum size, because I tried a 12x8 pan and they cooked for 40 minutes and still came out a tad bit undone in the middle, even for brownies.

8) Test for doneness when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out crumby.  Use the foil to lift the brownies out of the pan, and then you can get really cutesy with the hearts or whatever. I just skip the cutesy and eat them then.  Warm brownies are amazing. ;-P

Brownies are always good, right?  I really don't get into cooking, but I like these because you can do half of it in the microwave. 

You can also find this recipe on the Kraft recipes website. (no outside links, I'm trying to be good).  When I do this, I don't do all the cutesy stuff or the icing, I just make the basic brownies, thank you. 

Cupid's Best Brownies

(as modified from the Kraft website)

Ingredients:

4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate

3/4 cup butter  (real butter, don't cheat & use margarine)

2 cups sugar

3 eggs (I generally use jumbo or large eggs)

1 tsp. vanilla (I use generic imitation, if you have the real thing, reduce this some)

1 cup flour

optional smashed walnuts to put on top

Instructions:

1) Preheat oven to 350 (F); line a 13x9 glass pan with foil and grease it down with Crisco; if you use sprays, it might still stick.

2) In a microwave safe bowl (large enough to eventually hold all ingredients) put chocolate and butter (cube the butter). Heat it on High setting for about 1:30-2:00 minutes, or until butter melts.  Stir until the chocolate melts.  If you nuke the chocolate too long, you'll end up with messed up chocolate. ;-P

3) Add sugar and mix well.

4) In a smaller bowl, beat the eggs and vanilla.  Add to the chocolate and mix well. 

5) Stir in the flour & mix well.  The mixture will be a little bit on the thin side.

6)  Pour the mixture into the prepared 13x9 glass pan.  Spread the batter, and sprinkle the walnuts, if you're using them.

7)  Bake for about 30-35 minutes, but as with any brownies, don't over-bake.  In my oven, this means 35 minutes.  And a 13x9 pan is really the minimum size, because I tried a 12x8 pan and they cooked for 40 minutes and still came out a tad bit undone in the middle, even for brownies.

8) Test for doneness when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out crumby.  Use the foil to lift the brownies out of the pan, and then you can get really cutesy with the hearts or whatever. I just skip the cutesy and eat them then.  Warm brownies are amazing. ;-P

yum brownies!!! to bad im not SUPPOSED to have chocolate lol does not mean i do not eat it

I was going to leave this 'recipe,' such as it is, yesterday, but I chickened out.   :blush21:  It's really too simple to call a recipe, and most people call me weird when I tell them about it.  :blush21:   Don't laugh too loud, this is a comfort food in our house, and if my kids ever visit this site, they'll know exactly who I am just from this one post. :Coopwink:

Fried Cheerios

Amounts are approximate and 'to taste'

@ 3tpsp  Butter - real, salted

@ 3 'dry' cups  Cheerios

Melt the butter in a skillet.  Dump in the Cheerios, and toss well to coat.  Using extremely low heat, saute the cheerios in the butter until lightly browned.  We don't add seasoning or anything to it. My youngest prefers it when I use Honey Nut Cheerios. 

I was going to leave this 'recipe,' such as it is, yesterday, but I chickened out.   :blush21:  It's really too simple to call a recipe, and most people call me weird when I tell them about it.  :blush21:   Don't laugh too loud, this is a comfort food in our house, and if my kids ever visit this site, they'll know exactly who I am just from this one post. :Coopwink:

Fried Cheerios

Amounts are approximate and 'to taste'

@ 3tpsp  Butter - real, salted

@ 3 'dry' cups  Cheerios

Melt the butter in a skillet.  Dump in the Cheerios, and toss well to coat.  Using extremely low heat, saute the cheerios in the butter until lightly browned.  We don't add seasoning or anything to it. My youngest prefers it when I use Honey Nut Cheerios. 

yuuumm comfort foooood!!! ill have to post some of the recipes i have baked lol

good advice about posting Glamour Shots of food, etc! 

I can probably give the pies a go over the holidays so will post a pic then too!

Today I am gratefully cooking - our power was out for about 24 hrs but is now back on.  I have stuffed peppers and chicken legs baking. 

MAN PIE!!!!!

1 c. flour
1 stick butter
1/4 c. sugar
1 c. pecans, chopped
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, soft
1 c. confectioners' sugar
1 c. (8 oz.) whipped topping
2 (4 1/2 oz.) pkgs. instant chocolate pudding mix
3 c. milk
Extra whipped topping
Mix flour, butter, sugar and pecans together and press in a greased (with butter) pan. Bake for 20 minutes at 300 degrees; remove from oven and cool. Mix cream cheese with confectioners' sugar, beat until fluffy. Fold in whipped topping. Spread cream cheese mixture on cold crust. Beat pudding mix with milk for about 2 minutes, pour over cream cheese layer. Top with additional whipped topping and chill.