How Many Times You Think About Suicide In A Day

desperados

it's always there lingering. sometimes it flares up really bad where i'm bombarded with intense, compulsive thoughts about it. it invades sleep too resulting in anxious dreams about death and violent events.

Agreed, are you on any sort of medication for it? It might be worth checking into before things go on farther. <3

I was thinking about sucide alot of the day today I was making plans in my head of how to do it,no one would be surpised since I have talked about so much.im getting sick of telling my therpist everything the whole thing is just getting old,whats the point I don,t care that much  anymore I lost everything already.I feel bad saying this to my therpists because I know there torn whether can call the mental hospital or not,I told them it won,t help because I would have to live there.im trying not to bring up anymore because no body cares anymore and there is no point of talking about It never get help and get better anyway.i don,t know what to do but tell my therpist.

I was thinking about this some more and I think I am deluding myself. I do that a lot. Its probably more like 10 or so but a lot of them are more habitual than anything else. When I'm hit by emotional pain, physical pain, memories or discord in relationships and my instant response is this. And sometimes its more serious. Things are a lot better at present still. A lot of the time I just label it as a symptom and then try to carry on. Its an expression of pain and pain is part of living. Sounds so easy huh, :-/

Edited by Fizzle

I was just asked by a medical assistant.  You know, it's on their check off list.  I said every day. He looked shocked.  But it's true, I do think about it daily, although not in the context of acting on.  I was exposed to it at a very young age when there was a commotion around the block at a neighbor's house.  Someone at the front turned round and made a hanging noose motion with their hand.  

In an intellectual way, I think about it every day. Suicidal ideations are fewer these days. 

im doing alot more planning in my head it seems more concrete now then just passing thoughts.

If you hang there, I will, scienceguy. Don't give up on me now. 

I did, earlier today.  My husband and kids were laughing and talking, and they seemed like such a complete unit without me.  I kept thinking of how all I've done is mess up and hurt my kids and fail everything. I've learned to take it on faith that k*ll*ng myself would be an even bigger mistake, but this afternoon it was really, really hard to remember. In my head I know suic*de is selfish, but when you see yourself as the source of everyone's problems, living feels selfish, too.

I used to think about it about once a month - more if I was having a particularly difficult time. That lasted for around 30 years or so. I still remember how bad (hopeless, worthless, useless) I felt those times when I thought of it. I've not thought of it for around a few months now.

Several people on this thread helped me through my darkest time and I'll repeat the advice given to me. If your thoughts turn serious, or they scare you, please seek immediate help. Go to a hospital or call a hotline. Get help.

This is a fantastic community and you're all wonderful people (you really are). Please hang in there and know that we're all here for each other.

Peace

im doing alot more planning in my head it seems more concrete now then just passing thoughts.

If you hang there, I will, scienceguy. Don't give up on me now. 

I did, earlier today.  My husband and kids were laughing and talking, and they seemed like such a complete unit without me.  I kept thinking of how all I've done is mess up and hurt my kids and fail everything. I've learned to take it on faith that k*ll*ng myself would be an even bigger mistake, but this afternoon it was really, really hard to remember. In my head I know suic*de is selfish, but when you see yourself as the source of everyone's problems, living feels selfish, to

i can understand that thinking with me its that I can never escape my past and I hate the circumstances im in if my memory was wiped and I had people in my life that I felt wanted me at all I wouldn,t feel that way.i feel better now but I was upset about thanks giving when I posted that.I hope you feel better to you always try to help everyone and deserve more credit then you give yourself.

I don't know why but when everything seems ideal..e.g. people around me, mum, dad, brother doing ok...these thoughts are more powerful.

sg, you self-centered nice guy, stop planning anything, except how to make a tea in the morning!

lol what does that mean,I know im self centered im trying to change it by going to therapy,if its a complishment thank you,i would rather be thought of anything but a nice guy,being nice does,t get you anywhere in life.Make tea *** does that mean,im not british!!!

Edited by scienceguy

self centered in that sense that you planned it and if anything happened to you, some people would perhaps miss you.

Forget tea, drink Cola

i don,t think people would miss me or they would have cared when I was in outpatent and no on talked to me or called me,when I told them I was just ignored,I told everyone my plans and why I want to do it,noone seemed to care..if I thought people would miss me I wouldn,t be thinking about it.today im better,and thanks I love coke.................................................... cola

Edited by scienceguy

once today

:hugs:

self centered in that sense that you planned it and if anything happened to you, some people would perhaps miss you.

Forget tea, drink Cola

i don,t think people would miss me or they would have cared when I was in outpatent and no on talked to me or called me,when I told them I was just ignored,I told everyone my plans and why I want to do it,noone seemed to care..if I thought people would miss me I wouldn,t be thinking about it.today im better,and thanks I love coke.................................................... cola

We would miss you, and I'm sure people in your real life would too. Sometimes I think people don't know how to love us, you know?

The moment I wake up. After that it depends on the day.

I hear you.  Most mornings I can identify with this. I'm glad you keep going.

today is the first day in a long time i have thought about it... i miss him so much it hurts... but i know i am better off without him... today would have been our 8 month anniversary.... i dont have anyone i can talk to about this .... i would lean on my mom but she is taking care of my sister right now as she is in the hospital...

i just wish the pain would end... but i know it wont.... my mom would be devastated if she found me.... she tried to do the unthinkable once... i know if i went thru with it... she would do it for sure.... as we are each others best friends....

I am now. It's so easy to come back feeling suicidal whenever there's anything to do with my family, I texted my sister in our family group text , I wish her good wishes for her doc's appointment. She didn't respond just like most of the family members, they hardly respond to my text. If I die I don't have to carry this feelings repeatedly.  I texted them because they're are my family. It's hard when you're not luved by family. Very hard.

I am now. It's so easy to come back feeling suicidal whenever there's anything to do with my family, I texted my sister in our family group text , I wish her good wishes for her doc's appointment. She didn't respond just like most of the family members, they hardly respond to my text. If I die I don't have to carry this feelings repeatedly.  I texted them because they're are my family. It's hard when you're not luved by family. Very hard.

"Real" family can be so thoughtless. Especially around holidays. I hope that it helps to know that you are loved by your DF family (((((Camellia)))))

"Real" family can be so thoughtless. Especially around holidays. I hope that it helps to know that you are loved by your DF family (((((Camellia)))))

Thank you Mulberry. That's all I can say right now. Thank you (((((((((((((((Mulberrypie)))))))))))))))))))