Effexor Xr Withdrawal Symptoms But I'm Still Taking It??

Hi everybody,

I'm a bit new on this forum but I just had to ask this, because it's getting incredibly frustrating. For at least the last 4-5 days I have woken up with withdrawal symptoms - which could be construed as normal, since I haven't had my Effexor (XR) for at least 24 hours in most cases. However, I am religious about taking my medication, and the withdrawal symptoms continue for hours and hours after I've taken the drug, much longer than I know it takes for it to start absorbing into my system. For example, today I took my Effexor at maybe 1 or 1:30 PM. It's now about 6:40 PM and I'm STILL having withdrawal effects, and they're just as bad as when I woke up.

I know these are withdrawal symptoms and not side effects because these are the things that start happening if I've been out of my Effexor a day or so (I mean a day after those 24 hours). Ridiculous dizziness coupled with brain zaps whenever I move my head, as well as tingling-verging-on-numbness in my tongue (also when I move). I hadn't been eating very well for awhile before this, but I'm eating better now (I know Effexor usually requires food to fully absorb). Nothing has changed in my medication regime in the last couple weeks except for extra Ativan when I need it for panic. Can Ativan somehow be giving me withdrawal effects even days after I've taken the last bit of Ativan?? Because this sh*t is getting old and I need these withdrawal effects to stop, and fast.

I'd also like to point out that I take clonazepam as well, and have been for well over 5 years on an everyday basis. In all that time, even when taking extra benzos (happens now and again), I have never had persistent Effexor withdrawal while I was still taking my Effexor. Also, I am taking the same amount of Effexor every day, and have been for years (225mg).

Thanks for any help you can give.