Wellbutrin Issues

Meyend

Hi,

I just want some input other than my doctor or family. I was on Zoloft for years until it's effects started to slow down. My doctor switched me to Wellbutrin (100 mg) 6 weeks ago. Ever since I started taking it I have been extremely irritable. The littlest things make me want to cry or scream and I have to ball my fists and wait it out to get over the feeling. Two weeks ago I went back to my doctor and she doubled my dose, so I'm now taking 200 mg. nothing has changed and if anything, I feel worse. My depression has gotten worse and it doesn't help with it. I just want to know if this is normal. I was also diagnosed with hypersomnia a while ago, which my doctor said the Wellbutrin should help with. I still sleep 15+ hours a a day. I even make sure to go out and get an hour of exercise each day but it only makes me feel worse. I don't have any energy. I'm really concerned about that. My last issue concerns me the most. I suffer from migraines, but I have been taking topamax (50 mg) to help. When I too it with the Zoloft it did. But now my headaches are a lot worse (for some reason always in the front of my head) and I have memory issues. A couple days a week I have no idea what weekday it is and I have to embarrass myself by asking someone. When I go to school, I go to my classes at the wrong times on the wrong days. I feel so lost and I feel like I'm losing my mind. My parents don't take me seriously but I would never joke about something like this. It's terrifying. If anyone can offer me their opinion, that would be great. I'll take anything at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't take Welbutrin by itself.  It was the first antidepressant I was given, and I would be filled with rage for hours, and then crash and got very depressed the rest of the day.  I stopped taking it after a few days, and resisted any attempt to put me back on it.  Several years later, while on effexor, I was persuaded to take it again with effexor, and it works now.  For me, the effexor and welbutrin counteract each others worst side effects so I can handle it better.  The effexor keeps away the rage hours from welbutrin, and the welbutrin helps with the lethargy that effexor causes for me.

• 5 months later...

I hate to say this, but the Topamax may be doing you like it did me.. I too am a headache sufferer, and my doctor put me on topamax for a while, and it made my life hell.. I was constantly depressed, and I hated every wakeful minute I was up and out of bed.. I finally kicked it to the curb and saw my doctor again, at which time he prescribed me Fioricet for my headaches..

Fast forward 5 1/2 months later, and I am on wellbutrin SR 150MG (twice a day) for anxiety, and I am also taking Fioricet twice to three times a day for both my headaches (when they occur) and a back injury I got in an accident a while back..

Edited by dw762