Sign in to follow this  
freckledface

The "how Do You Feel Right Now?" Thread 2

Well, my biotch of a boss didn't even thank me today for coming in on an emergency on my day off. Unbelievable & of course! All I got was "fix this" & not a single "thank you". What an F'n biotch.

Can't wait to quit. My animosity towards this lady is off the charts.

She sounds like a piece of work and needs to be b*tched slapped. Did you follow up with the interview you had?

OMG.. you can say that twice!!! That interview kind of went nowhere unfortunately, and is prob. not the best fit.. she said they would follow up with another conversation, but I don't think they can give me the position I want... Ugh.

I am so boiling mad right now.. my boss has basically ruined my day off at least mentally because now I'm just completely ticked off about what a total A-hole she is.

Oh, and talking to my mom about it didn't help at all! She was like OK she's an A-hole, accept it and move on. She just doesn't understand.

Edited by havehope

Down.

I am feeling really down today too. I could not get out of bed until 7 pm and by 9 pm I was back in bed.

Me too.  Spent most of the day in bed listening to podcasts.  I don't know what I'm doing.  It's so self-destructive and not getting me anywhere.

I'm feeling pretty grateful today.  I'm very tired from lack of sleep, but my heart feels happy.  All three of my kids, their spouses and children, were at my Mom's for Thanksgiving.  I'm so proud of the adults they've become.  I even got along with my mother and she sent me a lovely message this morning.  There still was the snarky teenager, who I don't have a problem with but she's always into it with someone.  Ha.  And there was the crazy aunt who kept insisting that everyone eat her fruit salad, which was really just a can of fruit dumped into a bowl.  She went on and on about how the fruit was from the tropics.  Too funny.  And my brother got attacked by a rooster, but other than that it was a calm day.  The food was to die for.  I made a chocolate cola cake from scratch and used really good ingredients.  I took two pieces to work to give to my favorite residents.  They were so happy. 

My kitchen is blown up and will remain that way until tomorrow.  I'm taking a bath and going to bed. 

You are loved.

Me too.  Spent most of the day in bed listening to podcasts.  I don't know what I'm doing.  It's so self-destructive and not getting me anywhere.

I hate it. I've been doing it for 11 years. It's not that I don't enjoy the activities (well, the depression is making everything un-fun at the moment) but the alone-ness of sitting here by myself doing this stuff every day is starting to drive me crazy. It didn't used to bother me that much maybe five years ago. 

Down.

I am feeling really down today too. I could not get out of bed until 7 pm and by 9 pm I was back in bed.

I'm having this problem too. Not being able to get out of bed. What's the point? I have nothing to do anyway if I don't have to work. What's the difference whether I get out of bed or not? There's no one around to notice.

This is what I just wrote to my boss ---- it's time to address the issue:

Hello Radhika, I would like to have a phone call with you as soon as possible. I would like to address and come up with a resolution on issues that have arisen that are making work and my morale in this company very difficult. Thank you.

Hopefully I don't get fired.

You are very brave, it sounds like just about the only thing you could do at this point - I hope it goes well for you, and that you have a positive and productive discussion with your boss that works out with a win-win conclusion.

Edited by mulberrypie

This is what I just wrote to my boss ---- it's time to address the issue:

Hello Radhika, I would like to have a phone call with you as soon as possible. I would like to address and come up with a resolution on issues that have arisen that are making work and my morale in this company very difficult. Thank you.

Hopefully I don't get fired.

Good for you havehope!  That takes courage.  good luck.

Thanks mulberry, thanks Ellemint, ... it HAS to be addressed now... I know this is very brazen and direct, but also honest & solution oriented, I hope -- if she doesn't respond to that, then what the hell kind of boss is she??? Right?

Edited by havehope

hh, 

You have been patient enough. If something doesn't change within the company and what's been going on - then maybe it's time to start looking elsewhere. For your mental health and sanity. :hug: Best of luck to you. 

I had a nice relaxed day today but tonight I`m feeling tired and sad.I didn`t do the black friday thing.For one I don`t like large crowds.Anyway I wasn`t motivated to go out at all today.So I just stayed home all day and watched tv.I did manage to do some useful things like laundry though.So it was an okay day.

Was feeling decent for most of the day but my mom said some insensitive comments about my OCD and anxiety which bothered me and hurt.  =/

She will go from acknowledging and supporting what I am struggling with one moment and then the next moment she regresses and pretends like she has no idea and is completely oblivious.  I mean she has only lived with me for 29 years.  

Hello everyone. I hope that everyone had a lovely day yesterday and continues to have a lovely weekend. Sending everyone lots of love and positive vibes!

I gave in yesterday and went Black Friday shopping, and I'm glad I did. Got $214 worth of stuff for $104, so I definitely had a successful shopping day. I ended up sleeping for almost 11 hours last night and woke up with a headache today, not sure why that is. I've been waking up later and later this past week and I used to be up by 7:30AM on most days. Sigh. Hoping to get some things accomplished in the house today.

My anxiety is taking over right now...

Worried about repercussions from work and the message I sent to my boss --- I've confronted her in the past when I was a consultant for her two years ago and it worked out positively. I just need to be highly professional and diplomatic with my words when I talk to her. I don't even know what I'm going to say.. the first thing that comes to mind is, do you value my work? And do you value me? I really pray I don't get fired.

Then I'm worried about med refills because I am in between pdocs right now and I'm running out of my prescription that has no more refills. I see a new physician on Monday so hopefully she will agree to prescribe? Otherwise, I'm screwed.

It's rainy and dreary today and I must go bday shopping for my dad.... I don't want to go in the rain. I feel like burying myself in blankets and hiding from my life. Feeling upset about just about everything. I dread Monday coming around.

Sending big hugs and much love to all who are suffering right now... :icon12::hugs:

I'm feeling a bit guilty.  I'm not going to make it to a very good friends art exhibit tonight.  I am just so tired from the holiday and work and it's raining cold here and my body aches and my head hurts.  She's probably going to be upset with me, but I'm just toast. 

I think the weather may be the culprit for so many of us having headaches.

HH, I am going through something similar with my boss.  I work night shift and had to work the night before Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving day, and the new schedule came out and I'm on for Christmas Eve and New Years Eve.  It's grossly unfair and I am steaming mad about it.  The ADON does our schedule and her last day is December 7th so she's given favor to one of the other therapists.  The DON is probably not aware of the favoritism.  My problem with this is we've changed management so many times and each time this other therapist goes and pleads for schedule requests.  I've pointed it out numerous times and they confront her but then she starts over with the new scheduler.  I'm exhausted from it and very resentful. 

Oh Renee.. so sorry! That's so incredibly unfair, I'd be steaming mad too! is there any resolution to this that you can think of? Maybe you need to beat her to it with any new manager and put in your own schedule requests as soon as possible? Not sure.. I hope you can find a resolution!! That employee sounds very manipulative --- Ugh. How utterly frustrating!

As the day wears on, my anxiety over what I've done with my boss is growing. I hope I've done the right thing?! It was BOLD! Oh my I'm scared --  Please hope dear DF friends that I don't get fired for this!! I don't want to catastrophosize, but I could get fired, who knows?? I pray that my boss views my message as a proactive step to address and resolve issues... I would imagine that maybe she has some idea that I'm not happy? Maybe she has no clue! I have to stop obsessing... Monday will come eventually and I will hear from her probably soon on this. Sigh.

Renee, I pray for a resolution for you too!! :hugs: