Sign in to follow this  
freckledface

The "how Do You Feel Right Now?" Thread 2

Managed to get some stuff done today.I guess I`m feeling okay right now.Night is when I start t feel the depression the most.When I lie down to go to bed all the things I`m worried about overwhelm my mind.I just get this really low feeliing and I can`t shake it.

Just another moment realizing that if my depressive feelings alter my apperence or behaviors, that a lot of people will see this as an oppurtunity to use me to their advantage or to step on me. This is just another reason why I feel the need to hide how I feel when I'm down and out. Not just to perform to protect my paycheck at work, but to protect my dignity as well. Some people pray of the vulnerable because they know exactly how vulnerable some people are.

Edited by The_Unwanted

I had a good day apart from being a bit tired. In fact the last couple days haven't been that bad except for fatigue. I've actually had some motivation, so I've been researching and planning something that I've been wanting to do for some time now, make and sell jewelry. Now I just need to save up some money for the equipment and supplies I don't already have. I've got some books and things I think might sell on ebay to make a few dollars. In the mean time I have supplies to make a few pieces. 

Edited by Mia42

trying to recover from an anxiety attack...

its been a month since i have been back in town and have only left the house once to hang out with a friend... i tried to do it again... and it felt like the walls where closing in and i couldnt breathe.... i know i need to get over this anti social bit of depression but it is soo hard right now!!

Tired, but feeling pretty good right now.  My annoying co-manager and my #1 competition if we do wind up getting the assistant manager position in our store is stepping down from being manager.  I am so happy about this I could cry.  My stress at work is going to go down even though I'll probably be working a bit more until we get a replacement for her.

You want to know what is worse than being depressed and in pain? Absorbing it all from everyone around you. It can take me days, sometimes weeks of isolated intropsection to sort out all the garbage I pick up on a daily basis from what I myself am feeling at any given time. It isn't uncommon for me to wake up late at night hurting inside and I find myself crying. After focusing my mind I realize that it isn't me that is the one hurting.

So there you have it; that is how I feel. I feel how everyone else is feeling.

Like you all above :rock: except i've a little anxiety.

Neutral and empty inside...another dull day without emotions...i'm tired of this s hit as meds aren't working there's no choice but to keep suffering...when will we be able to feel normal and happy.Still thinking about ECT or magnetic therapy as a last resort.

Seriously starting to feel like a burden to others, especially my parents, more and more so each day. My mother hemmorages money to try and do what she can to keep me alive. I feel bad. Everyday all my strength is spent just feeding and maintaining my hygiene, even then I find myself asking her to help me with those tasks.

I feel like there is nothing I cam contribute to society when I am this sick and it is only downhill from here =/

I just went through my Facebook timeline.... not a good idea. :verysad3:  It made me miss my travels and adventures across country and feel nostalgic for those days. Although friends of mine keep pointing out how difficult a time I had while in California, which is true. But I still loved it. I loved the weather, I loved the flowers, I loved the culture and the majestic beauty.

Sigh. What am I ever going to do? A part of me is giving up on even trying to make this decision and am just going with the flow. Or rather, I think I'm burying my head in the sand and am ignoring this looming huge issue.

Neutral and empty inside...another dull day without emotions...i'm tired of this s hit as meds aren't working there's no choice but to keep suffering...when will we be able to feel normal and happy.Still thinking about ECT or magnetic therapy as a last resort.

Hi desperados, Just wondering if a different anti depressant would help you, or a higher dosage? If you're thinking ECT or magnetic therapy, I'm guessing you've already tried... I think some meds do kind of numb the emotions? Could that be true?

You want to know what is worse than being depressed and in pain? Absorbing it all from everyone around you. It can take me days, sometimes weeks of isolated intropsection to sort out all the garbage I pick up on a daily basis from what I myself am feeling at any given time. It isn't uncommon for me to wake up late at night hurting inside and I find myself crying. After focusing my mind I realize that it isn't me that is the one hurting.

You aren't alone. I absorb others emotions as well and it's taken me a long while to even realize this. I am better about it than I used to be but sometimes it takes a lot to put up the boundaries. There's a difference between showing compassion and being empathetic and taking on others emotions, pain and problems. Are you working on ways to help yourself?

Morning cool cats,

To put it bluntly, I feel tired, anxious and a bit b1tchy.  I started the day out strong and now 4 hours later I'm ready to call it a day and it's just 10 am. (shakes head). Positive thing of the day, found several positions that I applied for.

I hope you all have a good Saturday.

:hugs:

Edited by freckledface

You aren't alone. I absorb others emotions as well and it's taken me a long while to even realize this. I am better about it than I used to be but sometimes it takes a lot to put up the boundaries. There's a difference between showing compassion and being empathetic and taking on others emotions, pain and problems. Are you working on ways to help yourself?

I used to absorb others' emotions & problems as well.... it does take boundary setting and mental separation of yourself, which can be a challenge. It's good that you can recognize when it's not you, ohgeesmiles... I do think it says something nice about you, to be able to feel others' pain. The key is to feel compassion and empathy but to try and not let it get to you. Hard to do, I know.

Morning cool cats,

To put it bluntly, I feel tired, anxious and a bit b1tchy.  I started the day out strong and now 4 hours later I'm ready to call it a day and it's just 10 am. (shakes head). Positive thing of the day, found several positions that I applied for.

At least you found several positions!! And it's only 10AM, good for you! Your determination and stamina on this job search has been incredible... kudos to you for keeping at it so strong, even though it ain't easy. :Coopclapping:

Morning cool cats,

At least you found several positions!! And it's only 10AM, good for you! Your determination and stamina on this job search has been incredible... kudos to you for keeping at it so strong, even though it ain't easy. :Coopclapping:

Thank you, hh. I don't think I could do it without the incredible support and suggestions from friends. It really does make a difference when you aren't seeing any results as quickly as one would think they would especialy while dealing with anxiety and depression. So, thank you to all who have supported me through this. You are the best. :hugs:

Yep.... I know how that goes, FF... I remember the process very well as though it was yesterday. Your hard work will pay off!!! :flowers:

Oh! And I just remembered.. wish I had thought of this before as a suggestion for you --- it also took some creativity on my part to find the exact position I was looking for this last go around.. I put into quotes on Google the job title I sought (or just a job title term + different variations of it) + "remote", or + "virtual", or + "work from home" -- this brought up results that I may not have seen on the job boards I searched. Just another avenue!

But go enjoy the rest of your Sat.. you've done a lot for today. :hugs:

Edited by havehope

I just went through my Facebook timeline.... not a good idea. :verysad3:  It made me miss my travels and adventures across country and feel nostalgic for those days. Although friends of mine keep pointing out how difficult a time I had while in California, which is true. But I still loved it. I loved the weather, I loved the flowers, I loved the culture and the majestic beauty.

Sigh. What am I ever going to do? A part of me is giving up on even trying to make this decision and am just going with the flow. Or rather, I think I'm burying my head in the sand and am ignoring this looming huge issue.

Hi desperados, Just wondering if a different anti depressant would help you, or a higher dosage? If you're thinking ECT or magnetic therapy, I'm guessing you've already tried... I think some meds do kind of numb the emotions? Could that be true?

Hi havehope :bestwishes: you are the hero of DF,you are always full of life with good ideas and thoughts,when it comes to helping others you are a first class person...oh yes lol i tried lots of meds they either make me a numb zombie or they do trigger my anxiety to the max lvl...i've never tried ECT or magnets,the problem is that all of my emotions are locked down..i can't laugh i can't cry i only feel negative emotions. :sheep: