The "how Do You Feel Right Now?" Thread 2

freckledface

not happy or even content, but i'm not feeling terrible so i guess i'll take it

I would say about 80% of the time I just feel OK, not happy. This is a struggle just like feeling terrible is also a struggle. Try to do things for yourself and not always trying to please others or get their approval. I feel like that is the reason I am not really happy a lot. I try to gain people's approval and love by doing various things for them or letting them vent/fuss to me and it is honestly draining. To be happy and to find happiness, in my opinion would be doing things that make us feel good and make us feel like we are helping whether other people are on board or recognize what we are doing or not. Also, find someone or a group of people who Do understand what you are doing and who do recognize the fact that you are doing things for people to help them and to better the situation. I hope that makes sense to you, I tried to explain it the way it was laid out in my mind. I hope we can both find genuine happiness.

I've been having a strange set of days where I'm isolated physically and figuratively from other people but somehow I seem to be OK. Not happy necessarily. I'm getting a little too comfortable. I don't like it. I feel fine but it's hard to be happy this way - eventually if I get into a spiral of negative thoughts it'll come crashing down because I'm not really talking to a lot of people. Also, snowstorm thing on east coast isn't helping the whole "getting out" thing haha. 

I think I feel better...hard to tell. lol. Not worse, anyway. I ate well, more or less, and had some more of that Chinese drink. Seemed to help.

But still a bit brain-dead. This bug is worse than physical discomfort/pain. It's so hard to do what I need to do. I know I have to rest, but I can't concentrate on school work.

Tomorrow's another day. I stayed up too late, but I'm going to bed now.

Feeling sad and irritated at the same time. Sometimes I feel like my efforts to do positive things get shunned and it actually turns around and bites me in the ass. 

Hi IcyRose,

I know this feeling well. I get this all the time at work and it's discouraging. But don't let that stop you from continuing to make an effort and doing positive things. Positive actions do bring about positive results a lot of the time. Others who can't appreciate it for whatever reason may not see it or even value it, but don't let that stop you from being who you are. It's a beautiful trait to have. =) :hugs:

It makes me angry I can't trust my family members to keep things between me and them. Might as well live in isolation.

Hi LeBlanc, that is so very irksome when family cannot keep information private. My family has done that to me and it bothers me to no end sometimes. Can you ask them to please keep certain information you share with them private? I would suggest trying to talk to them about it, if you can be open and honest with your feelings. Isolation as an alternative is a difficult place and can make depression worse if you suffer from depression. Hope it gets better for you & best wishes :hugs:

I feel really confused and a bit ashamed... I'm used to talking to people here, but recently I met a girl in real life who had the depression case similar to mine. And this made me feel happy... I was sorry for her, obviously, it's a terrible suffering, but also I felt happy to know another real human being who faced the same difficulties I faced. Like I was even hyped...

This interaction made me struggle for a long time, and now I am just tired... Maybe I am just so lonely that meeting another desperate human being makes me feel better?..

Feeling like I've let so many people down. Like I could of done so much more. Instead I gave into weakness, guilt, and shame.

Hi evergreenlove, you're only human... do give yourself a break. We all can let others down sometimes, especially if we are in a dark place, suffering from depression or any other mental health issues/illness. It's difficult to be there for others sometimes when we are suffering ourselves, and difficult to be the ideal version of ourselves at all times. Be kind and compassionate with yourself for whatever you may going through. You deserve kindness and self-love. :hugs:

Feeling better today, and having a good morning. Well, afternoon, now...time got away from me. lol.

I know I still need to rest, though, and I'm hesitant to push myself to get on with things. Also feel some pressure, because my roommate is around, and the dishes have piled up from the week that the dishwasher was broken and the kitchen sinks not draining. (Gross, but thankfully fixed yesterday!)

Trying to make myself stay warm, avoid the cold floor, etc. I got waylaid on this grad school forum over breakfast. I posted about getting into OSU, but started to worry I hadn't heard from the other schools when I saw some people writing about interview invites right and left. But it turned out that none of them were in my field or else weren't the schools I applied to at all. I checked a results page, and was very relieved to find that only a few of the schools I applied to have responded yet - and none of those responses were from my department. :) So I'm still good. lol. It looks like I need to wait it out until at least mid-February. And most schools don't expect you to give a definite answer of accepting or declining admission until April 15. :)

Now...I need to get on with the rest of my day, healthfully.

Best of luck, everyone!

I'm okay. Battling a headache that I think will last the whole day. Trying to stay a step ahead of the pain with alternating doses of ibuprofen and Tylenol.

I napped a bit earlier, I've got laundry going.

Husband is helping our son with the groceries. I may have to do something with our son afterwards.

I had a headache yesterday too. I think it's barometric pressure. At least the pain is not that bad right now.

Well, after hanging out on chat for the entire day yesterday (lol). I started my education course today (finally!) to help me get out of my horrific job. I feel really good about it, even though it's a bit advanced. I still need to figure out all the insurance crap and get my meds squared away so I'm still very anxious about that. But overall, given my procrastination for a long time, I am proud that I finally started this course and am taking a productive step forward in my career.

Sending *hugs* and positive thoughts for everyone here.

not happy or even content, but i'm not feeling terrible so i guess i'll take it

I would say about 80% of the time I just feel OK, not happy. This is a struggle just like feeling terrible is also a struggle. Try to do things for yourself and not always trying to please others or get their approval. I feel like that is the reason I am not really happy a lot. I try to gain people's approval and love by doing various things for them or letting them vent/fuss to me and it is honestly draining. To be happy and to find happiness, in my opinion would be doing things that make us feel good and make us feel like we are helping whether other people are on board or recognize what we are doing or not. Also, find someone or a group of people who Do understand what you are doing and who do recognize the fact that you are doing things for people to help them and to better the situation. I hope that makes sense to you, I tried to explain it the way it was laid out in my mind. I hope we can both find genuine happiness.
Hey, that makes perfect sense to me! The way you laid it out was great. Like you addressed to me, I hope you take some time for yourself and don't spread yourself too thin, because we all deserve the utmost happiness for the world.

Thank you for the words; I needed that today.

I'm feeling quite sad. My grandmother is in critical condition in the ICU and she's the only grandparent I have that is still alive. This week has been so stressful. My guinea pig seems to be ill, my grandmother might be dying, my teachers have assigned countless essays and tests since we have a break coming up, it just is too much. I want things to be back to normal and for this stress to go away.