Sign in to follow this  
freckledface

The "how Do You Feel Right Now?" Thread 2

Another useless doctor's visit.  More bad news.  Feeling ever hopeless.  I was surprised he even acknowledged my deteriorating health, and wasn't in total denial about that.  But of course he was in denial of the worm infection.  I caught him in several errors and slip-ups in logic.  I could tell he was totally full of baloney.  He wants to repeat the same tests that have already been done before, as well as go on some wild goose chase looking for Colitis or Crohn's or some bulls*** bacterial infection.  I told him that I guarantee he won't find anything and I guarnatee he won't be able to help me and my health will only continue to deteriorate in his care, but that I would entertain his theories and go on his wild goose chase even though I think they are total BS.

We buried Juanita today, the sadness was almost overbearing for me but not so much for her but for her husband, children, father and family. My wife has lost her mother, brother, our daughter and now eldest sister. Here's the hard part for me and what causes mental anguish: A.they come to me asking for something I can't deliver or B.in a sense they use me as proxy and take their anger at God.

Man that is awful!  I am sorry for your loss =(

We buried Juanita today, the sadness was almost overbearing for me but not so much for her but for her husband, children, father and family. My wife has lost her mother, brother, our daughter and now eldest sister. Here's the hard part for me and what causes mental anguish: A.they come to me asking for something I can't deliver or B.in a sense they use me as proxy and take their anger at God.

I am so sorry for your loss, vega57. Grief can make the worst and the best come out in people. Hold steady and give yourself time to grieve alongside your wife. My thoughts are with you.

I feel sad knowing that my all my hard work never amounts to being valuable in any way, shape, or form to anyone. Being disposable makes me sad because my goal when I wake up in the morning is to have a positive contribution within my group of peers. But I know there are many evil scumbags that are trying very hard to take that from me. They are coming together to bring me down.

Wanting to please everyone and wanting to be a productive member of society are 2 different things. Don't get confused. I'm not out to please everyone. Only the ones that matter.

I feel your pain.  I lost a cousin back in August. Monica was about to board a flight at LaGuardia  Airport to return to her home in Florida after spending three months with her ailing mom in NYC.  She began coughing non-stop at the airport and was taken to hospital where she died. She went from being very healthy to death in one hour.  

It's a sunny day here, breezy and cool. No more leaves on trees. Almost Solstice.

It's the anniversary of the day my mom died--she died at 12:40 AM, Pacific Time in 2012, so not too long ago.

She had been gradually losing her cognitive abilities and about 3 years before she died, that loss became much more severe. 7 months before her death, she was in a memory care facility. She ultimately died of a heart attack, which caused a fall.

I arrived at her hospital bed just in time. She was unconscious, on morphine, but for a long time she hadn't been the mom I remembered and loved and fought with.

A few months after she died, a friend died and then in July of 2013, another friend died. By that time I was severely depressed. I began to take meds again in August 2013 and two years later, I can say that I am recovering from depression, on a daily basis.

Still, today, I feel tired and subdued. I wish my mom could see me today, how stable I am, how well my son is doing and my husband too. I don't blame her for anything--or rather, what ill things she did to me in our early life together--she had no way of knowing how I would be affected. So I forgive her in an active way. I am no longer a victim of her ill will or ignorance.

*sigh*

Dolphin,

I am so sorry for all of your losses.  I know how this feels.  I have lost a brother, niece, father, grandaughter,  and two aunts in the last couple of years.  I also ended an engagement two years ago, started meds six months ago and feel as if I'm just now coming out of severe depression.  I had posted these losses on facebook and a woman reached out to me in a private message and educated me a bit about complex grief.  I hadn't ever heard the term but it fit me.  I was pretty hard on myself for taking so long to get through the grieving cycle.  Not that you are claiming that happened to you, but for me it felt like a little to much to deal with and I spiraled down pretty far.  Cheers to you for finding a way to continue to reach for health. 

I have come to a fork in the road. Unlike Harry Caray, I can't just "take it" (some of you may get that reference, but most probably will not). I've worked at this place for 27 years and have put a lot of myself into it. By all accounts, I've been a good employee and indeed was promoted to a fairly high position within the organization--maybe too high, given my difficulty keeping up with everything. I'm 56 years old and I can't retire yet without taking a substantial loss. And, because of the divorce, my ex gets half of my pension.

Lately, my boss has been riding my @ss hard. On Sunday evening, my daughter called to say she needed help on Monday. I then sent a message to my boss and said I wouldn't be in on Monday. Yesterday, he marched into my office to announce that he had determined it was an unexcused absence--and he gave it to me in writing. This is the first time this has ever happened in all my years here. He's been getting on me about other stuff too. Meanwhile, all kinds of shenanigans are going on elsewhere in the organization that are having very negative effects on morale and the bottom line. But I get whacked for calling in to announce my absence the day before. I've actually been in this place for 22 years longer than my boss. All of my cohorts are retiring in the next year or two.

I make decent money but most of it goes towards monthly maintenance payments to my ex (who, as a shopaholic, has dug a monstrous hole of debt, much of which is still in my name (in spite of a divorce decree saying it shouldn't be). My daughter is on my health care plan until she's 26 (5 years from now) so she's relying on me to stay working here. I'm living in a dumpy apartment with no cable TV or internet, while my ex and daughter continue living the high life in the house (which still has my name on the mortgage too). 

Seriously, I just want to up and walk. Take a beating with my pension and just move far away and become somebody else.

(((hope)))  Monica, please call someone if you are in trouble.  Thinking of you!

I really love this site and the people on it, and I am so glad that MOST people seem to know how to word their posts gently and with respect for the feelings of the person they are addressing.  

Thank you.

Brian

Dear HH - I haven't engaged with you because you know me, a straight shooter. I feel you are going around in circles and not deciding to find internal peace, regardless of what is going on around you. You are allowing external things to determine your mood. We all have our own personal drama, but when you "feed" the drama instead of find a way to make peace with it, you're hurting yourself. Renee gave you some good advice. The question to ask yourself is "what need am I meeting by continuing in this way?" Is it my need for attention? Is it easier to not change if it's always someone else's fault? You are very kind to others, but I hope you will do a kindness to yourself and ask these questions.

Either leave the job or spend your energy learning how not to internalize your boss' behavior. Either stay in your relationship with the good and bad, or leave it. Weeks and months of going over the same ground is "crazy-making". What need are you meeting by remaining a victim?

Trust me, we've all arrested in our development in different areas. My own brother thinks I act like a victim. That hurts. Granted, he's a bit of a blowhard, but I think there may be some truth in it. We depressives have to work extra hard to take personal responsibility for doing everything we can to be well in our minds. We can say we have a condition and use that as an excuse to be unwell, or we can say we have a condition and therefore it's more challenging to be well. See the difference?

I would like to see you put all your energy seeking internal peace instead of wasting energy on outside stuff. It's a choice.

I am still angry and hurt by this post. I feel very targeted, and unfairly called out and picked upon. This post is cloaked in messages of caring or concern, but really, it is judgmental and harsh.

I was actually physically shaking yesterday as a result of this post. I have PTSD, and this was triggered... it was very triggering for me, and for several people who PM'd me to ask if I was OK.

I will not accept this kind of treatment.... not here or anywhere. I have been beaten up enough in my life, and don't need to be here as well.

As I mentioned before, I no longer feel safe here as a result, and will probably stop posting.

I am tired of being targeted, picked on, beaten up, and accused... I think suicide is a better option.

Have hope I have had that happen to me , I went apes***,I was shaking in rage for two hours and other people were trying to calm me down on a chat,someguy made a comment I perceived as a attack and I started telling him off,telling him he needs to not be a rude d**k when he greets people,it escalated from there.You can block people so you don,t see there posts if you get upset,hang in there your going thru alot of stress,now it can be very difficult to have good judgment under those circumstances.

JD4010, sorry you have to pay maintenance fees.  How old is your wife's kid which I presume is your daughter as well?  How long more do you have to pay maintenance fees?

The plumber just called. He will be here in one hour to look at my hot water tank which has been giving lukewarm water for the past three days.  I hope it's only the dip-tube that is broken which will cost me about $200. I should be able to do this repair myself but I guess that is not happening today. The part cost only $6.

Yesterday I called the plumber and he said he will be here on Thursday so I told him I will be home all day. The guy came on Wednesday and is mad at me for not being at home.

JD4010, sorry you have to pay maintenance fees.  How old is your wife's kid which I presume is your daughter as well?  How long more do you have to pay maintenance fees?

My daughter is 21 and she's in college. Maintenance payments will continue until the sun burns out, or I croak...whichever comes first.

...and, in light of the ongoing discussion, I'm going to let go of my resentment towards my boss. I get paid and I enjoy what we do at this organization.

All things considered, I don't have it that bad. Sorry for the whining, folks.

Edited by JD4010

Plumber cannot fix hot water tank so I have to replace it cost $1250.00 plus tax.    OUCH!!!!!

Gawd.

I swear, these tanks aren't as durable as they used to be. It wasn't uncommon for them to last 25+ years back in the day, but now you're lucky to get 10 years out of them.

My daughter is 21 and she's in college. Maintenance payments will continue until the sun burns out, or I croak...whichever comes first.

Do you have to pay the wife too?

Currently feeling awful. The weather is also wet and dark, which doesn't help, and right now my light box just seems to be giving me a headache instead of helping. It's finals time and I've already turned in one term paper late, got a C on a paper in what was supposed to be my easy GPA boosting class for the semester, and I had a term paper due for another class yesterday at five that's still not done. I know I'm loosing my scholarship next semester, so I'll go from not having to pay tuition to having no financial aid. I'm in a program that's essentially an honors minor that gives an honors certificate, but I feel like I'm a fraud who doesn't deserve it since I've lost all my motivation to do school work and my GPA is awful. I also waited too long to go back to the psychiatrist this year, so I'm just getting up to my full Wellbutrin dosage now when I needed medication to start being effective a month ago. I just want to be done with college and get on with my life.

Plumber cannot fix hot water tank so I have to replace it cost $1250.00 plus tax.    OUCH!!!!!

Gawd.

I swear, these tanks aren't as durable as they used to be. It wasn't uncommon for them to last 25+ years back in the day, but now you're lucky to get 10 years out of them.

yea this one is only eleven years old.  My first tank lasted 27 years.

I just want to add to my post above... since I neglected to say this, but I am so very grateful to all those who have been supportive to me on here.. I truly appreciate all of you, and those who have been so very kind to me and understanding. So thanks everyone.

Do you have to pay the wife too?

Yeah, that's actually who I'm paying.

My motto should be, "I'm broke, but I'm free". Hahaha.

Edited by JD4010

Pressure's off for a bit. My next grad school deadlines aren't until January.

*expansive sigh* It feels so good to be able to breathe. I'm hoping to get into some reading, a light book or two thrown in to balance the onslaught of school reading I'm doing in preparation for next semester. I've discovered the wonderful world of Bob the Street-Cat. :) Adorable, light stuff, perfect for the holiday season.

I also have a bunch of new ideas I want to pursue, about career paths and story ideas... Ah, vacations. So nice, but alas, never long enough.