Has Anyone Had These Side Affects On Escitalopram?

the doc prescribed 10mg 1 time a day.

i took one yesterday for the first time,after two hours i got a headache.

when the headache went away i got massive panic attack(i think so,never had one before),heart rate super fast,fear,waves of heat,shakiness .

it came and went every half hour or so,after i woke up still feel weird and have light anxiety bursts.

anyone experienced something similar?

Yes, there can be side effects starting up I have heard of people having panic attacks starting up. I had and still have to an extent heightened anxiety starting up. It does seem to come and go like you said. You could always cut the pill in half and just take 5mg for a period of time so your body can get used to it easier. That is what I am doing.

Hi 6dantex6.

I agree with ARDepressed that increased anxiety is common when starting lexapro. Many people here have noted it as a side effect and it's listed on the drug literature.

I hope your side effects go away quickly. Some people have one or two side effects that last a week or two and are most bothersome at certain times of the day, some have none and some have several. For me the most annoying side effects were fatigue and nausea that lasted a couple weeks. I was lucky not to have increased anxiety. My anxiety was already through the roof before I started the drug!

Welcome to the forum and feel free to ask questions and share your experience. It's helpful for others who are starting up. :)

its weird,i took lexapro (its called here esto) 4 years ago two pills a day(dont remember the mg) with almost no side affects,jaw tightness a bit agitation and very little nausea. have no idea why this happened when i took it this time.