Out Of Anxiety Pills

ALone1

Actually I've got three Klonazapem pills left.  If I'm lucky I'll get the refill Monday night (doctor's office was supposed to call in the prescription Thursday & they were out of the office Friday).  I feel real edgy right now and have to go to a job I hate in a few minutes - fortunately I'll be there by myself on hopefully only for a couple of hours.  I would take one of my pills now, but feel I should save them tor work Monday when there's a full staff and will be working ten hours or so.

I hate feeling this way (the edginess and wanting to hide).  Any ideas or suggestions until I get the refill?

Hi ALone1,

Why don't you go to the Pharmacy right now or call them before they close and tell them what happened and usually they will give you enough to get you through until they get a hold of your doctor?

I know in the past (recently), they have done this for my daughter.  Same drug.  Give it a try.  The Pharmacy was CVS and I am sure Walgreen's or any other would do the same.  They do not want to see their customers suffer needlessly.

Take care of yourself.

~Lindsay, Forum Super administrator, Owner/Founder

I don't know what your daily dosage is but I had this happen to me not so very long ago.  If worse comes to worse split them and try to make them last as long as you can till you get your prescription/medication.  You will not get the therapeutic dosage you need vis a vis your anxiety.  But it will keep you from getting withdrawals which is something you do not want to go through.  All the best.

Thanks!  The splitting in half is probably what I'll have to do.  With that drug being a controlled substance, the pharmacy won't give me any extra pills without contacting the doctor - I've tried before.  Doesn't make sense since I've been taking it for ten years, but they've got their restrictions too.  Even though it's not much, I have been taking a couple St. Johns wort pills since Friday to help me make it through the weekend without taking any "chill pills."  Don't know if they're any good, but...