When All Else Fails...

illuminotreally

There are no support groups for depression where I live.  However there are a ton of AA meetings everyday.  I do not have an alcohol addiction, but I think I could use the AA steps in a way that could be helpful to my problems.  My question is do you think that other members of AA would find it wrong or offensive for me to attend AA meetings? I just really, really need to have a place I can go with other people around.  Not sure how long I can deal with the isolation I feel.  Any advice is appreciated. 

HI there,

I'm not sure if you are opposed to it but there's something called "Celebrate Recovery" It follows similiar steps that AA does but it is Christ based. They deal with all sorts of issues, they called Hang ups, Habits and Hurts.

Best of luck to you. (((Hugs)))

No, not at all.  When I visit my parents I go to AA meetings.  Everybody, for the most part, there is depressed.  So they will relate vice-versa.  I have even gone to a few where I live and everyone was really nice.  It's a really supportive environment.  Give it a go.