Are You A Day Or Night Person?

stardreamer

Are you a night person or a day person?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What type of schedule do you keep?

• Daytime (Get up in the morning, go to bed 9-11 pm)
    • Night time (Get up midday or afternoon or later, go to sleep in the middle of the night or sunrise)
    • Something in between these 2
    • It varies, my schedule is all over the place! I don't have a specific time I get up/go to bed
    • Daytime, but that's because of my job. I would rather have a night-person schedule.
    • Night time, but that's because of my job. I would rather have a day-person schedule.
    • Other

I am curious about the schedules people keep and whether there is any prevalence of daytime people vs. nighttime people who have depression. I'm also curious if there is a larger number of people who have no real schedule and their bedtime/wake-up times are all over the place, in people who have depression. Discuss!

I think you can make multiple selections.

Edited by stardreamer

yeah... my schedule gets so messed up sometimes, especially when i have a lot of work to do. i would like it to be a "wake up at noon" "go to bed around 3 or 4 am" type thing.
i don't like trying to sleep after the sun comes up, it's a lot harder. i like to at least fall asleep while it's dark

Edited by stardreamer

Morning person. I try to wake up anywhere from 6-8 depending on what time I went to sleep the night before, which varies a lot depending on whether or not I worked, have an exam coming up, couldn't sleep, etc.. But I generally feel a lot better having extra (quiet) time in the morning, and watching the sunrise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

I usually go to sleep around midnight and sleep until 9 or 10 am.. which is way too long, but probably because of my current meds. Otherwise I try to get up around 8 am, which is very rare, sometimes I go to sleep an hour or two after midnight.

I also can't really do much for school until it's dark, I don't know why. I have much more will to do anything obligatory after dark.

I really used to be a night owl.I would get more stuff done during the night.At my worst I was only sleeping every other day.That all changed when I started getting anxiety attacks at night....then I started to dread the onset of the evening.Now I go to bed almost every night.I usually would try to get to bed at nine.But lately sometimes that`s been different.Sometimes I can`t get to bed until around midnight.At the moment I`ve become a daytime person.

I really used to be a night owl.I would get more stuff done during the night.At my worst I was only sleeping every other day.That all changed when I started getting anxiety attacks at night....then I started to dread the onset of the evening.Now I go to bed almost every night.I usually would try to get to bed at nine.But lately sometimes that`s been different.Sometimes I can`t get to bed until around midnight.At the moment I`ve become a daytime person.

I used to be a night owl. Looking back a lot of the art (writing/drawing) I've made has been in the evening and night hours. That's still when I seem to have the greatest creative energy. Working a Mon-Fri job from 7am-3pm however, has forced me to become a daytime person by necessity. But sure enough, when I take time off, I slip back into my old night owl ways.

• 2 months later...