Maximus0988

The Post Anything Thread

I am on Cipralex and it is helping. So I scribbled an ode to Cipralex

O Cipralex,  o my Cipralex

good for me, bad for sex

according to my raging ex

but I still love you,  Cipralex.

;-))

lol good for you as my drug resistance is at it's peak level so that i'd chew meds like cipralex as a gum...i'd need 100 mg of it to feel it's full effectiveness on me.

I am on Cipralex and it is helping. So I scribbled an ode to Cipralex

O Cipralex,  o my Cipralex

good for me, bad for sex

according to my raging ex

but I still love you,  Cipralex.

;-))

lol good for you as my drug resistance is at it's peak level so that i'd chew meds like cipralex as a gum...i'd need 100 mg of it to feel it's full effectiveness on me.

My resistance to the drug

is an annoying little bug

for my tasting of depression

as a gourmet dark session....

yeah I am a cobbler of poems, but still, this is publish anything forum... thx to god of Xanax.... sorry Xanadu

I bought a futon and now sleep on the floor next to my bed instead of on my bed. For some reason I feel better psychologically on the floor. Was even sleeping there before I got the futon, even though the hard floor hurt my back a bit.

I realize this is odd behavior, but there you have it.

I bought a futon and now sleep on the floor next to my bed instead of on my bed. For some reason I feel better psychologically on the floor. Was even sleeping there before I got the futon, even though the hard floor hurt my back a bit.

naah  that  only means you have been floored  :))

In the summer

I'm a nudist

in the winter

I'm a Buddhist.

:-))

When it's shining

I sing a capella

when it's raining

I carry umbrella.

Edited by Bhorout

naah  that  only means you have been floored  :))

Okay, I laughed at that. :)

Good afternoon. Today I have wanting to pick back up my sketch book. but it been so long, I am having a very hard time. I miss being able to draw anything and everything. now I can barely think of stuff to draw. I think that's why I quit in the first plave. but I want to get back to doing what I love. How do you guys find motivation to keep going and to not give up??

Good afternoon. Today I have wanting to pick back up my sketch book. but it been so long, I am having a very hard time. I miss being able to draw anything and everything. now I can barely think of stuff to draw. I think that's why I quit in the first plave. but I want to get back to doing what I love. How do you guys find motivation to keep going and to not give up??

In a lot of cases - baby steps. Instead of going immediately to draw again, maybe you could repeat excercises you have done to learn to draw? Or give yourself a task to do only a minimal, but very definite part of the drawing? Or try to do a very rough sketch instead of detailed one? Just suggesting.

Edited by Bhorout

The next person who touch any of my things & move it such that I can't find it, without letting me know, I will...

...I'm sure if I continue that sentence DF mods will not just ban my account but also call my local police.

Rephrasing

The next person who touch any of my things & move it such that I can't find it, without letting me know, will be forcefully touched on him/her body and will have removed their most sensitive body parts to the  place they can't find. :-))

Edited by Bhorout

As a literature major, I'm finding that older literature really resonates with me, far more than contemporary lit, even though I prefer the more personal, emotional aspect of modern fiction. But older authors have a completely different approach that seems so much...freer. More human. The way they wrote is just so much more honest. Earnest. Not dumbing down, not trying to be "cool" and cynically callous and all that pretentious BS that kills most modern fiction for me. I really like the unapologetic, unconcealed humanity in this "great literature" -- and it truly is just that, in so many ways.

Irony of ironies that some people feel threatened by its "big words" and such, and accuse it of being somehow "fake." They've got it backwards: our culture has become fake by trying WAY too hard to be "real." We've lost sight of what real is - and what ALL is real - and narrowed it absurdly, so that now somehow only evil is regarded as real, and good either fake or illusory. But serial killers are no more real (and far less common...I hope) than loving, devoted mothers and fathers. The populist movement in the arts doesn't represent the actual populace; it purveys (and mandates) a real and insidious falseness, underestimating everyone by demanding everything be dumbed down, and worst of all, accusing anything that isn't dark or callous enough of being "fake." Ridiculous. 

I'm so, so grateful that this semester I'll get to read so much actual literature, books worth reading and keeping with me.

But I'm finding that this enormous gulf between past and present disturbs me. I have to read some modern books, too (though I'm now trying to stick to pre-2000, at least - we have a lot of freedom for one class...in which we must read 23 novels!!!), and I find myself reacting against a lot of elements, from content to style to the insulting, formulaic devices and plot holes.

Oh, well - I'm guessing the friction will ignite my own writing down the road. :D

Skylark1

I deeply disagree with you. I think that you are mixing literary criticism with the literature. Did you read, for example, Harold Bloom?

Edited by Bhorout

Have both an MRI and CT scan tomorrow.  I gotta wake up at 530am.  I am going to be deathly tired tomorrow Zzzzzzzzzzz.  Hopefully the MRI tech won't ask me to breathe and hold my breath, I'd rather sleep through it.

Me, computer, alone in my room,

on me grey weight heavy as a rock,

for thirst I drank the deepest gloom;

it is lonely morning, AM, two o'clock.

living proof that insomnia produces the worst verse cobblers....  

Edited by Bhorout