The Post Anything Thread

Maximus0988

Just told my boss directly that I get very little acknowledgement for all of my hard work. :/   Feeling extremely depressed about my job and disgruntled. Just confided in a co-worker about it all, and pray that she doesn't communicate this to my boss. :/

Just told my boss directly that I get very little acknowledgement for all of my hard work. :/   Feeling extremely depressed about my job and disgruntled. Just confided in a co-worker about it all, and pray that she doesn't communicate this to my boss. :/

my suggestion is to try very secrectly to seek another job. you should never end present job without already having a new one. And also, while searching, you will find out your true "market" worth and according to that will be able  to up or down your expectations.

Edited by Bhorout

my suggestion is to try very secrectly to seek another job. you should never end present job without already having a new one. And also, while searching, you will find out your true "market" worth and according to that will be able  to up or down your expectations.

Hi Bhorout, thank you so much. Agreed. I won't leave my current position until I find another; yes good point about my true market worth. Man, am I depressed right now though. =( =( =( I can barely concentrate on work atm.

I hate how my depression is effecting my boyfriend. I cant stand hurting him but I do constantly. I have fits of rage when he upsets me. and its always over the dumbest stuff. things I wouldn't think twice about on a normal day. he cries with me often. I cry over him often. We hardly leave each others side so its hard when we do. but I think being together so much is what is causing some of this stress. I want to love him with all of my heart, but I already cant do that because of this depression. but I know I am capeable of doing it. making both of us happier than ever once again. Ive always wondered if anyone else has struggled with being in a long term relationship and being the one who is depressed. I have no idea how he feels about it and how its truly effecting him. I hate thinking hes sad all of the time because of me. Im not sure how to talk to him about it. itsnt a werid question, are you mad at me for being depressed? ha. no thanks. does anyone know what im talking about??? I hope everyone is having an ok day. and I always like to advise everyone to try to stay active through out the day. even if its like doing your chores or going on a walk.

Riverlight

You are not hopeless. Hopeless are mostly the people who does not seek help, company or sites like this; who are sitting in their unlit rooms not communicating with anybody - or drinking or drugging themselves every day into a new stupor.

And also, somebody with your love and taste for flowers, is definitely not hopeless - to love is to hope. Take your depression as you would take laryngitis - yeah it is debilitating, makes you feel bad, but you can overcome it.

So, please do understand, that I "diagnosed" you to have a very bad case of " depressed mental laryngitis".  Go pilgrim and heal yourself! :-))  And find a new job to be able to pay for it....

I hate how my depression is effecting my boyfriend. I cant stand hurting him but I do constantly. I have fits of rage when he upsets me. and its always over the dumbest stuff. things I wouldn't think twice about on a normal day. he cries with me often. I cry over him often. We hardly leave each others side so its hard when we do. but I think being together so much is what is causing some of this stress. I want to love him with all of my heart, but I already cant do that because of this depression. but I know I am capeable of doing it. making both of us happier than ever once again. Ive always wondered if anyone else has struggled with being in a long term relationship and being the one who is depressed. I have no idea how he feels about it and how its truly effecting him. I hate thinking hes sad all of the time because of me. Im not sure how to talk to him about it. itsnt a werid question, are you mad at me for being depressed? ha. no thanks. does anyone know what im talking about??? I hope everyone is having an ok day. and I always like to advise everyone to try to stay active through out the day. even if its like doing your chores or going on a walk.

I am no doctor, but this state of mind sounds like a bipolar to me. And also, did you go to any medical or other help? From your post it sounds like you want to battle it out on your own - which is a sure way to defeat...

I am sure many people on here can relate.  I myself, have lost two great loves.  My ex wife of 6 years, my Harley Q of 4 years.  How either one lasted so long, I don't know.  There was a lot of love in there, I used to think that's all it took.  But neither one of them understood what I'm going through.  I have a little more than depression going on though.  For me, especially on my bad days, I can't see past five feet in front of me.  I don't understand how it affects the people around me until things go very wrong.  I think you should talk to him about it.  Pain can unite us sometimes.

Riverlight

You are not hopeless. Hopeless are mostly the people who does not seek help, company or sites like this; who are sitting in their unlit rooms not communicating with anybody - or drinking or drugging themselves every day into a new stupor.

And also, somebody with your love and taste for flowers, is definitely not hopeless - to love is to hope. Take your depression as you would take laryngitis - yeah it is debilitating, makes you feel bad, but you can overcome it.

So, please do understand, that I "diagnosed" you to have a very bad case of " depressed mental laryngitis".  Go pilgrim and heal yourself! :-))  And find a new job to be able to pay for it....

Aww, you're so sweet! Thank you so much! Lol... go pilgrim and heal myself, lol, that made me smile. =) And your diagnosis too, love it. Hehe. I agree.. I don't feel hopeless, just very depressed about my job. :/ New job here I come...  soon enough!!!

God does not play dice...that illness was meant to be in our life for some purpose of goodness.

Scripture: 2 Corinthians 1:3-7
Theme: God brings comfort to those who suffer from mental illness and their community
Goal: To encourage the congregation to bring comfort to those who suffer from mental illness
Need: About 20% of the population will suffer from some sort of mental illness in their lifetime.

My reccomendation for the read of the month (it is a big and complicated, but very satisfying book) is to read "Goedel, Escher, Bach". It really gives you a look on another perspectives about reality and consenquently life. But careful, it is not a novel about heroine swooning in some knights bare arms :-)))

Edited by Bhorout

This is a post anything so here it goes. All my life has been bad. Since i was a baby till now. 18 years of suffering is too much. My father was abusive and my mother was suicidal. She tried to leave this world herself when i was 3 but failed. Because of those attempts, i went with my father. Growing up with so much sexual, emotional, and physical abuse its no wonder why im like this. Everyting i did as a child was controlled. From my hobbies to the clothes i wore. All done and picked out for me. i was stuck out on a farm house for a good chunk of my life. isolation has caused severe social anxiety. i have dreams and flashbacks of abuse. i have been diagnosed with PTSD, cause d my constant trauma. Now that im an adult all of those things are gone. because i have control. but for some reason, my past is preventing me from having a happy future. i am so ready for my life to calm down and just be good. I started anit-depressants today and i cant wait until i feel better. or at least i hope i feel better. Thanks for sharing everyone.

This is a post anything so here it goes. All my life has been bad. Since i was a baby till now. 18 years of suffering is too much. My father was abusive and my mother was suicidal. She tried to leave this world herself when i was 3 but failed. Because of those attempts, i went with my father. Growing up with so much sexual, emotional, and physical abuse its no wonder why im like this. Everyting i did as a child was controlled. From my hobbies to the clothes i wore. All done and picked out for me. i was stuck out on a farm house for a good chunk of my life. isolation has caused severe social anxiety. i have dreams and flashbacks of abuse. i have been diagnosed with PTSD, cause d my constant trauma. Now that im an adult all of those things are gone. because i have control. but for some reason, my past is preventing me from having a happy future. i am so ready for my life to calm down and just be good. I started anit-depressants today and i cant wait until i feel better. or at least i hope i feel better. Thanks for sharing everyone.

I am sorry as I could not perceive from your message, but have you been diagnosed as having depression or something else, like bi polar? Anyway this is the right place to come. If I may, I would suggest that you check all forums to see, which ones are dealing with the matters that are most close to you and would therefore have most of material to be of help to you. And, believe me, about 104,7%  - :-)) of the people here were in your or sometimes even more serious situation. You are here among people that understand what you are going through. Some of us will try to help you, some of us cannot do even that - but nobody will not understand what you are going through. Keep fighting, sister and all the best.