The Post Anything Thread

Maximus0988

Existentially depressed. Just read an article about the Three types of Depression. And how one theory is that we all, to varying degrees, suffer from four Existential conditions: death, meaninglessness, isolation, and freedom. Learn to accept those, they say, and the depression can be lessened. I say, I'm too depressed to care, and welcome death as a condition.

I would agree that a lot of people suffer from existential depression --- there can be meaning and purpose in everyday life though, even down to just simple interactions with people, like giving a smile to someone and getting a smile in return. This makes people feel good. I try to smile at people all the time, with the people at the checkout counters, walking along the street or at the toll booths on the highway...  and it feels good..... But when you're so depressed that you don't care, I can understand that too. I've been there. Hugs to you.

Existentially depressed. Just read an article about the Three types of Depression. And how one theory is that we all, to varying degrees, suffer from four Existential conditions: death, meaninglessness, isolation, and freedom. Learn to accept those, they say, and the depression can be lessened. I say, I'm too depressed to care, and welcome death as a condition.

i have had a very bad case of this for years every sense I read all these existential philosophy books for years,especially stuff about nihlism,determinism etcI feel like it almost ruined me I know everything everyone believes is a social constuct,there is no way to prove anything,make any type of progress in the universe.where all just running around with chickens with are heads cut off then we die and nothing we do matters because the earth will be engulfed by the sun and the universe will eventually break down.I feel like what the point in putting effort into anything.

I keep sleeping too late.  Maybe I should try setting my alarm. But it'd also be nice not to have comments from my mother about it.  Why can't she just leave me alone

A good mom looks out for her children, she sees you sleeping late (which you admit to) and tries to correct your pattern. Set the alarm clock and the problem is solved.

Thanks for you insight, Gid, I understand what you're saying..  She also just likes to make passive aggressive comments about everything I do that she doesn't agree with.  Then I get up earlier she'll make comments like "what are you doing up".... she's really not helpful.  We're living together more as roommates now than as mother and daughter and her comments are annoying.  I just want to live my life without being questioned all the time. 

Edited by Kaniro

You know what grinds gears? US raised meat sent to China for processing, then sent back to the US for consumer consumption. That there is enough wealth in the hands of a greedy elite that could end poverty and hunger for good worldwide. I watch police beat teenagers mercilessly as the population as a whole sits idly by content in their towers of debt.

So much is going on it's hard to handle.  With friends, myself, the world.   My therapist told me after we had a few sessions "that if I thought I was not depressed I must be delusional.:" My case is super complicated, as I'm sure many of the members are.  I can communicate with Physicians and Therapists easily and they seem to understand.  But I've trained myself to keep any signs of depression out of the vision of  my friends.  I haven't been able to contain it very well the past couple of years due to so many losses of friends and family.   Suffer major PTSD.  I miss my friends and loved ones so much that have passed.

My world seems empty without them.  

I relate to members feeling lonely.  For me I have kind of chosen that route because I can't trust most of my friends and certainly not my family, meaning my sister and her siblings.  I would rather be lonely than hurt.

Just not a great day!    Hope others are having a better one!

I HATE Windows 10. I can't even find my security software to run a scan! Not to mention it keeps stalling, crashing, etc.... Ugh. If given a choice, I'd recommend steering clear of this nightmare.

And I thought 8.1 was bad. Why do they have to keep making everything more confusing, hiding away what people use and need on a daily basis? I can't even navigate between my browser and Word, or other things I need, without hassle.

And beware! It also slips in McAfee, which I did NOT choose, as I've known for years what a nightmare it is. It wreaked absolute havoc on my computer last year. I can't remember if uninstalling it caused it or fixed it, but it did NOT like me switching to another security program. I just tried uninstalling it now, but I'm not even sure it worked because W10 is so ridiculous it doesn't even go through the usual pop-ups to let you know how something's going when you initiate an uninstall... I'm going to take my computer to the university tech center on Monday. I can't afford this ruckus now.

All I wanted was to run a damn scan.

And I'm trying to stay positive here! Don't, don't, don't convert to this crap if you don't have to. I don't know if it's worth it to try to tell Microsoft to stop giving us these awful "upgrades" or at least to stop forcing us to switch to them. I kept putting it off, but then one day I turned on my computer and BOOM! It just up and started the process of switching. I couldn't do anything to cancel it. And this was right before class, when I needed to do work! Plus, it ate all my battery power, so I couldn't do anything until I got back home to my charger.

And now I can't even access my security software, so I don't know what other problems it might've caused...

Finally got a referral to an ongoing publicly therapist to follow me for 1 year.  I am sure there will be a waitlist but it isn't like I haven't already waited ages.  I have been searching for one to follow me more than just a small handful of appointments, for over 3 almost 4 years now.  They sure don't make access to care easy here.  They make you climb highest mountain to get to it, in hopes that most people will either give up or drop dead before they get to it so that they don't have to service as many people and get to save money.  It is cheaper to let people crash and burn and end up in the ER time after time(for which a single 5 hour ER visit could probably pay for 6 months of actual outpatient care).