Sign in to follow this  
Readytothrowinthetowel

Welbutrin Gen Bupropion And Citalopram

Your total is 450mg a day? That seems high. I have been on both. But I am on 300mg(150x2) and I just started the wellbutrin. I was on a similar dosage but it was only during the taper process. I heard these two can work great together. Especially if the wellbutrin is giving you to much energy.

Hey Ready, I'm on 2-150 of generic wellbutrin and 20 of lexapro which is similar to the AD you are on.

How are you feeling and how long have you been on this combo? 

So many people report a lot of energy with Wellbutrin but it hasn't done that for me unfortunately... maybe with the 450mg you will feel that energy spike though.

My doctor has always told me to at least give it 6 weeks at a minimum to see if you're experiencing any changes.

Best of luck to you.

Hey freckledface I want to say I have been on this combo since June have been on the gen welbutrin longer. I have some energy but I can't tell if it's me or the meds. I just really don't know what I should feel I'm still depressed not as much but it's there I also still think about suicide a lot. Not sure if I'm waiting to feel something or am I grabbing at nothing. I'm tired of trying and looking at the big picture do I want to battle depression for years on end or do i delete

I know it's a battle every day but you gotta keep up the fight. Have you talked to your doctor to see if maybe you need an increase on your other medication? Try not looking so far into the future and just take it day by day. You are worth it. (((Hugs)))

I haven't talked to my doctor about upping it. Kinda of scared of in my mind being on this high doses.its a I hated being on meds as is. I guess I'm looking for that magic pill or combo that will fix the thought depression boost confidence etc etc. sadly I'm guessing it don't exist :( . I try hard not to look in to the future or past but it tends to sneak up on me.