How Many Of You Take Benzos?

Jmeff

I did in the past around the time when I was in and out of hospital although I can't remember what I was taking. From memory they were to help me sleep but I can't recall if they were really effective or not. I think it was Lorazepam first and then Clonazepam secondly I took.

Just curious.  What benzos do you take?  How much do you take?

For a very long time I was on Xanax/Alprazolam, .5 mg up to twice a day as needed. Right now, I'm prescribed 1mg of Klonopin/clonazepam to take daily. I am not a huge fan of the Klonopin and hope to be switched to something else next pdoc appointment.

I take oxazepam but only when I need it. So maybe 10 times a year.. and then I use 10 mg. I don't need it in my everyday life so I'm fine going to work and do my regular things but whenever I have to do something which is really far from home I get so scared I just freeze. So for those days I use oxazepam.

I take Klonopin (clonazepam) dosage 0.5 mg just one time per day: at bedtime.  It helps me to sleep.  It is not my primary medication.  My primary medication is Lexapro (escitalopram) dosage 20 mg one time per day.

I am prescribed Clonazepam/Klonopin 1mg. three times a day.  I have had a tough ten years and my doctor has been increasing my dose.  My primary prescribes because it has been my experience with Psychiatrists these days they do not want to prescribe Benzos.  My doctor feels it is essential I stay at this dose based on my chronic illness, emotional stress, and occasional panic attacks.  He feels the benefit is worth the risk in my situation.  

This medication has worked well for me for my anxiety and all the rest.  When and if I need to get off it, I understand it is a long journey detoxing from it.  My doctor said he would do it with Valium.  He nor I see me going off it in the near future.  I try not to think about it as long as it does the job.  But this all depends on the individual and their needs.

There is a web site I believe called 'Benzo Buddies" whose sole purpose is to help people withdrawing from benzos.  I've looked at the site and was quite impressed with it and even more impressed with how many people take benzos.  Might be helpful if anyone plans on getting off benzos.  I believe it is still up and running.

Edited by highanxiety

You all think I'm messed up. But I have been taking diazepam for the last 7 years for now reason! I'm not prescribed them by a drink in buy off the streets some pragmatical and some are under ground made. Used take up to over 30 a day. Had no reason for this just a total ******. Not sure if it was to blank things out or not. Anyways lost my beautiful girlfriend 6 days ago and I'm a complete mess. 7 yrs with her and she up and leaves! Iv bn using but iv cut down I need to fight my demands!

4mg of Ativan a day.  Fun <== Saracsm

Glad I'm not the only one that is prescribed a higher dosage than the average person. Not that I'm happy you're in the same boat but you know what I mean. The stigma of benzos makes me dread every time I go to the pharmacy. I feel like everyone is silently judging behind the counter.

Yeah I take 4 mg of ativan.  wish it was less.  I tried getting off it.  It's so insanely hard.  I wouldn't recommend it.  Unless your in a really good place and have the time and sanity to endure possibly years of feeling like .  

Was on Clonazepam for 13 years until 5 months ago. As low as 0.5mg a day and as high as 8mg a day. I thought my life was already ruined. It made it worse. I'm still dizzy most of the time. Now I can't sleep at all. I jolt awake over and over so hard I'm afraid to even go lay down.