What Do You Used To Do But Don't Anymore

Bradoonee

Hi guys,

Been a good while since I've been on the forums maybe 3 years or so. Anyways I used to make music ... I haven't done it for about 7 months now. Really sucks but I feel no emotion so don't bother basically. I have tried a few times but nothing. Other than that I have pretty much full blown anhedonia now so little or no enjoyment for me. Life is exciting eh lol.

Well my focus is on trying to find solutions now.

Anyways be good to hear what your experiences are and hopefully more positive than mine!!

Stay strong people.

Bless

Good topic!

I miss but can't bring myself to run, write for personal enjoyment (instead of boring stuff for pay) and just get out and socialize with friends.

Any progress? Hmm. I am walking about 4 times a week (up from zero last winter). I recently started blogging for an interesting, non-technical site where I can at least express an opinion. The other good thing is I have a couple friends who have stuck by me even though I am a bad friend because I would rather stay home and isolate most days.

I still have quite some things I do I truly enjoy like, cooking, baking and writing.. However I use to make walks every single day, I don't do that anymore.. I just can't bring myself to do it. I am also not as creative as I was when it comes to crafting anymore. I miss doing my "little projects".

Writing - have written a screenplay and actually had a manager in L.A. and wrote a young adult novel which only needs editing before submission.

Acting - was in a play and in a film and I have a chance to audition for amateur theater tonight but likely will chicken out.

Volunteering - used to volunteer at a drug/distress center, a street worker's organization and a woman's shelter - haven't felt drawn to anything - easier to stay home DOH !

I no longer run, I no longer play piano, I no longer craft , I no longer read, I no longer even listen to music, I no longer garden, I haven't done any of these things in about a year and some of them for almost three. I appreciate this topic because sometimes I just don't realize how much of me is broken. I've gotten use to the depression and its completely taken over.

Go Karts for me it is, last raced in march last year in QLD for the AVKP. Havent been in the seat since. Havent touched any of my kart engines too since QLD, mainly cos of my older brother being the dominant alfa male. Keen to get back into it since he's outta home now and once the XH is on the road.

Havent played xbox for a long time too.

Hello mate.

I use to make electronic music too!! All styles really ... house, techno, funk, jungle or dubstep. Depends what mood I was in really.

I hope one day I can get creative again.

I still daily look at the synth sites like synthtopia so my passion is still there.

I used to go for long walks. Haven't for a long time, haven't had the energy. Maybe I should start again.

Used to imagine great things in the future. Now I see no hope.

Yeah that feeling sucks!! I know what you're saying but you gotta keep fighting you know. As long as I'm alive I shall continue to fight this!!! Stay blessed. :-)

I used to Facebook. I used to hang out almost everyday with a certain group of people. I used to read and talk alot about polictics. I used to work harder at my job. I used to talk more with coworkers.

There is a lot of things that I used to do that I dont anymore.

Sorry to hear that.

Ironically I do Facebook daily and do chat to my coworkers when I'm in the mood which is most of the time. One of my coworkers I don't talk to mainly because I have nothing in common with her. What I miss the most though is hanging out with my friends which I really don't do anymore especially that I'm living in South London and well I don't get any joy from music which was strong common ground. I really miss those days. :(

Edited by Bradoonee

Cycling: my true passion!  Oh, how I miss it.

I have an ancient 10-speed that's been with me for almost 40 years. Last year, I rode it all over the place. This year, I've probably ridden it only 5 times since April. I am also walking less. I need to do more of both but I'm having a hard time willing myself to do them.

Edited by JD4010

I used to 3d model.  I sneak it in once in awhile but I have to be in a certain mindset in order to create.  I haven't done anything with it for a long time.  I have been managing my depression and my depression tends to derail anything creative.  I don't have many peers to show my work and end up demotivated to even attempt to do anything.  I can't seem to regain the thunder or the passion for it the way I used to have when I was younger.