Water Consumption Tracker - Drink More Water!

I started this thread because for some reason, I rarely feel thirst. I found myself dehydrated a lot in the past and only then realized I should probably get some water into my poor body! In deep depression, I was extremely lazy about water intake (food too!), because I just didn't care. I thought it would be nice if we had a place to keep each other motivated to drink enough water. Remember, your brain is an organ in your body and needs H2O!

A Few Points:

• Drinking too much water is not good you. This isn't a water drinking competition and I don't want anyone to put their own health at risk. The point is to stay healthy and motivate each other.
  • Everyone's body needs a different amount of water, according to Mayo Clinic. Where you live and your activity level could impact your body's needs. For the purposes of this thread, the typical eight 8 oz glasses of water is the goal. If you have health concerns or your doctor has advised you to take in more or less water than this amount, DO NOT change your habits.
  • Water helps to lubricate and cushion joints, regulate body temperature, protect the spinal cord and other tissues, and rid waste from your body. (Source: The Center for Disease Control/CDC: http://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/drinking/nutrition/

Tracker:

[ ] 1 glass

[ ] 2 glasses

[ ] 3 glasses

[ ] 4 glasses

[ ] 5 glasses

[ ] 6 glasses

[ ] 7 glasses

[ ] 8 glasses

Post how far you got each day, even if you didn't make it to 8. :hearts:

Edited by neurotic_lady89
Missed a word. "Derr."

I have a water logging app on my phone. I try to drink 3-4 L (12-16 250ml /8oz glasses a day). I'm fairly active (I usually walk my dog 5-8km most days and do a workout most days) so this amount is what I need.

I honestly feel sooooooo much better when I stay properly hydrated, my mood is better, my mind is clearer, it's easier for me to not be tempted by junk food, my skin stays more clear, less stomach issues and little aches and pains seem duller. I swear I'm not making it up.

Wrenn, I agree with you. I just have a bad habit of forgetting or getting to busy with my hands (when I was working) to drink the amount of water I need.

I started off strong today, but tanked with my afternoon nap.

I think I drank a total of 5 glasses. :(

Wrenn, that's awesome! I feel a lot better when I drink enough water too - if only I could remember. Freckled, 5 is still good and tomorrow is a new day!

[x] 1 glass

[x] 2 glasses

[x] 3 glasses

[x] 4 glasses

[x] 5 glasses

[x] 6 glasses

[x] 7 glasses

[x] 8 glasses

I slacked a bit after the 6th and had to push myself to finish the last 16 oz bottle of water, urggg.

I am really bad with drinking water. I only drank 1 glass today and I was in the garden most of the afternoon so I would have needed a lot more. Maybe this thread will motivate me to drink more.

[x] 1 glass :boredsmiley:

D: same. I only drank 1 glass today. Such a letdown as compared to yesterday. :(

Great thread Christina. 

I usually drink a lot but have been terrible these last 6 months. Havee been trying for the last 10 days or so and have made a little progress. 

Tracker:

[ x] 1 glass

[ ] 2 glasses

[ ] 3 glasses

[ ] 4 glasses

[ ] 5 glasses

[ ] 6 glasses

[ ] 7 glasses

[ ] 8 glasses

.... so far. Many hours left today. 

I usually drink 4 or 5 glasses of water a day.  I drink iced tea which also has water.  I do worry about drinking too much water because I ended up in the hospital once because I drank too much water.  It made my sodium level go too low and I was in the ICU for a few days.  So when they say too much water is bad for you it's the truth.

I got 3 glasses down today but they came out the other end as quick as they went in. 

[x] 1 glass

[x] 2 glasses

[x] 3 glasses

Freckled - I wish I had the answer, I try to carry around a pop top bottle that holds about 3 glasses but half the time I put it down and forget about it.

I did horrible today. I only drank about 2-3 glasses.

Does anyone have any tips to try to get the water down?

Drink hot water and lemon slice. Or cold water with lemon or lime slice.

Make a pitcher of "spa water" keep in the fridge - cucumber slices, lemon slices, basil leaves, or a few frozen berries and lemon slices

Brew herbal teas and drink unsweetened cooled. (Or hot - caffeine free is as hydrating as water) I love celestial seasonings apple cinnamon or decaf chai cold !

Drink out of larger cups or bottles - my larger glasses at home are actually 500 ml/ 16oz and my water bottle is 1Litre/32 oz.

Start early in the day - drink one glass before coffee in the am, and one before meals,

Set alarm /reminder in ohone / watch or use an app

Bring water bottle everywhere ! Keep one filled in fridge for when u leave.

Order water with meals even if get a pop or alcohol beverage as well that way you will drink water before a refill !

I personally like drinking with lots of ice cubes or very cold liquids . I am canadian I suppose lol

Edited by Wrenn84

I did horrible today. I only drank about 2-3 glasses.

Does anyone have any tips to try to get the water down?

Is there a flavor fruit juice that you like? Adding just a tiny bit to the water adds some flavor, or an lemon slice/orange wedge.

I only made it to 6 1/2 glasses yesterday. MEH! Aiming higher today!

:hearts: