Sign in to follow this  
oOPsXD

My Therapist: Crawling. What Is Yours?

My family and a few close friends know my story. It has never been shared with a therapist. I have went through seasons of terrible depression during extremely difficult times. I tend to quit eating when facing overwhelming battles, but those are rare, only three so far in my lifetime, thank goodness. Normally, when little bumps happen, talking with a friend helps. Music and other arts, reading, games, vintage/antique items, refinishing/re-purposing, decorating and writing, relationships, being informed through research, and cooking (especially for others) helps me cope. What helps you to make it through those rough times?

My Therapists:  Creativity

Relationships

Arts

Writing  

Loving

Information

Nurturing

Games 

In short, simply being productive and positive. I am not always positive in my writings-but very capable of sharing my emotions through it. 

Edited by oOPsXD

Knitting/crocheting for charity

Volunteering at my church

Making jewelry for gifts

It is amazing that we even move during those dark times, but then, life does not stop for depression or otherwise. Wishing you well!

Knitting/crocheting for charity

Volunteering at my church

Making jewelry for gifts

It is amazing that we even move during those dark times, but then, life does not stop for depression or otherwise. Wishing you well!

Thanks. I actually had to stop volunteering at church. Just got back to doing it after a one year break from it. Same with knitting/crocheting. Only been able to do that when I go to knitting group, I just don't want to do it when I'm home (mostly, might get a few rows done once a week). I used to crochet/knit everyday, all day. But these last couple yrs. have been rough.

Actually, my life does stop, except for work, for my depression.  And sometimes, the work stops, too.

Writing is just about the only thing I am able to do when I'm depressed that helps.  Or that I'm able to do, period.