While watching an episode of Criminal Minds a question was presented: What causes a person to stutter? My own reasoning told me the impediment was caused inferiority issues, I was wrong. The Stuttering Foundation says genetics is the main reason for stuttering. Now that makes sense, a child learns from his/ her caregivers, they learn from hearing/seeing. We copy our childhood environments even if it is incorrect.

Being a person who likes to see the lighter side of things but also a realist who engages in metaphoric poetry and short stories, of course the natural thing was to join this site. I hope that last sentence made you laugh. Not that mental illness is a laughing matter, it certainly is not.  But, often the things we say and do are odd, and will create a laughing matter. Hence my screen name for this site, oOPsXD.

I am looking forward to getting to know many of you. By the way, does anyone know how to fix the quotation mark key? Mine has quit working. Have a Happy! :smilingteeth:

Has anyone else had a problem with your post disappearing or having to edit because Microsoft Word does not play well with this site?

Edited by oOPsXD

Hello oOPsXD,

Welcome! Plenty of short stories here. :)

Look forward to sharing with you.

Hi Birch!

Hi oOPsXD, and welcome to DF.

Glad to have you here.

This is a very special community filled with caring, compassionate people who understand struggling with depression.

Please make yourself feel at home, take a look around the site, and post wherever you feel comfortable.

Welcome!

Hi oOPsXD, and welcome to DF.

Glad to have you here.

This is a very special community filled with caring, compassionate people who understand struggling with depression.

Please make yourself feel at home, take a look around the site, and post wherever you feel comfortable.

Hi AquaViolet and SenorDomino! Thank you both! :rolleyes: