Hi, it's after 2:30 am and I was looking up info on the internet regarding depression and bipolar. I came across some posts from DF from 2012 and I cried as I read and identified with some of the things ones with depression were going through. I decided to join because I think it is helpful to talk to others and hear from others who are experiencing similar things so you know you aren't alone and it can be motivating to try to change. I hope I can be encouraging and encouraged on here. I hope you all have a good night.

Edited by ItWillGetBetter

Hi ItWillGetBetter, and welcome to DF.

Glad to have you here.

This is a wonderful place to both receive and give support. I'm glad you found us. ((((Hugs))))

Please make yourself feel at home here, take a look around the site, and post wherever you feel comfortable.

Yes, welcome. I'm so glad that you found DF, incidentally that's the same way that I found it not too long ago.

You'll find it very encouraging here and in time I'm sure you'll be encouraging others.

Bye for now,

Neil

Welcome :) With the right mindset it will indeed get better. I hope you find the site useful

Hi and welcome from another newbie! I kind of lapse in and out of mild depression with an occasional major bout, I am the champion in defeating oppressive circumstances. Domino is correct; a positive change in lifestyle (eating habits, exercise, etc.) mindsets and speech will usually improve our situations over time.  :hugs:

Thank you for your kind words.  It helps me a lot to know I'm not alone.  It also saddens me to know that so many people are struggling with depression and other mood & personality disorders.  Due to my Bible based beliefs, I do know that soon depression will permanently be a thing of the past.  And while knowing I'm currently not alone in my struggles is helpful, it is even more helpful to rely on my loving Creator and study his Word, the Bible. I have been having some self-care issues.  I have avoided showers. I don't brush my teeth as regularly as I used too. You probably wouldn't know that from looking at me. After a few days, I wash my hair under the faucet in the tub and I take "baby wipe" baths. I use perfumed lotions and body sprays and get told I smell good. If they only knew! I know lack of self-care is a sign of depression.  I was proud of myself today. I took a shower and washed and conditioned my hair. I brushed my teeth and went school shopping with my daughter.  I do regularly shop, but I haven't gone as much as I needed too lately.  I feel very fatigued which I blame a little on my BP med.  I'm very overweight and sedentary which doesn't help with energy.  I think I've seen this forum before.  Early this morning I Googled something like 'I don't want to do anything' and I came across responses on this forum from 2012 that I could really identify with and it confirmed what I already know, that I'm suffering from depression.  I have a long history with depression.  I've been taking Cymbalta for probably 8 years.  I feel like it's not doing its job anymore.  My mom said she's noticed me going downhill for about a year.  I have an appointment soon to see a psychiatrist.  I haven't seen one in over 3 years.  I think a med change is in order.  But after reading posts on here, I felt so much better knowing I'm not alone. I hope this forum helps you all! (((( Hugs ))))

Edited by ItWillGetBetter